Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Did someone say we'd be hearing an official announcement about new uniforms today? Or am I completely making that up?

Mike Reiss (Patriots beat reporter) said new Pats unis would be revealed over the next couple of months...but really, they should do it as early as possible so we can see them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, bootscallahan said:

This was my entry in the Uni Watch contest. The logo is basically an undead Tom Brady wearing the Pat Patriot hat. 

spacer.png

Put the Flying Elvis logo on the uniform and you have a great looking set. 

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Anyone think Brady saw the uniforms and said “I’m out!”?

So he went to the team with the worst uniforms in the league to be photoshopped into... I don’t care if they are changing if it means having to see him in those abominations

2 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Pats fan Fitzy on the radio today again mentions a version of color rush navy and color rush white version is what’s he’s still hearing. The pro shop people basically said the same only it will be a mix and match option, not all navy and all white exclusively. 

That's pretty much what I expected. As I pats fan, I'm looking forward to a change, despite only having ever seen the current set being used.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I wish they'd do something more red-centric than blue. There are too many Red-White-Blue teams in the NFL that already are more on the blue side of that equation. 

Giants, Bills, Texans, and Titans (kinda) are all blue-first. And if you drop the red accents you also get the Colts, Lions, Rams and Cowboys. 

By comparison, the only red-heavy teams are the 49ers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Falcons, Buccs, Redskins. And NONE of them use Blue. 

Being THE Red-Blue team in the NFL gives the Pats a chance to stand out in a crowded field. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I wish they'd do something more red-centric than blue. There are too many Red-White-Blue teams in the NFL that already are more on the blue side of that equation. 

Giants, Bills, Texans, and Titans (kinda) are all blue-first. And if you drop the red accents you also get the Colts, Lions, Rams and Cowboys. 

By comparison, the only red-heavy teams are the 49ers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Falcons, Buccs, Redskins. And NONE of them use Blue. 

Being THE Red-Blue team in the NFL gives the Pats a chance to stand out in a crowded field. 

I’ve always been of the opinion that of the red-blue teams, the Texans should be the ones to go red-heavy.

Not sure why anyone would expect any sort of radical changes, for the reasons discussed prior; everything about the modern Patriots, down to the jersey typeface, has become embedded in the regional sporting culture, which is remarkable considering the other timeless looks for Boston-area teams got 50+ year head starts. Much like the Bruins I think they're locked into marginal tweaks, at best, and anything beyond maybe a slightly-updated logo package and a white version of the Color Rush jersey would surprise me. Knowing what we know about the long lead times in NFL branding, it's wild that the current jerseys will almost perfectly fit into the Brady era start-to-finish. (Also wild that the Brady era went from 9/11 to a devastating pandemic, if you need more evidence that the TB12 method is in fact a deal with Satan.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

51 minutes ago, Digby said:

Not sure why anyone would expect any sort of radical changes, for the reasons discussed prior; everything about the modern Patriots, down to the jersey typeface, has become embedded in the regional sporting culture, which is remarkable considering the other timeless looks for Boston-area teams got 50+ year head starts. Much like the Bruins I think they're locked into marginal tweaks, at best, and anything beyond maybe a slightly-updated logo package and a white version of the Color Rush jersey would surprise me. Knowing what we know about the long lead times in NFL branding, it's wild that the current jerseys will almost perfectly fit into the Brady era start-to-finish. (Also wild that the Brady era went from 9/11 to a devastating pandemic, if you need more evidence that the TB12 method is in fact a deal with Satan.)

I absolutely agree. Six Super Bowl wins took the Patriots from a team I bet a lot of people were barely even aware of to one of the most popular teams in the league. Those uniforms, like them or not, are the definitive Patriots look now and always. They'll do a tweak here and there but flying Elvis is here to stay.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I absolutely agree. Six Super Bowl wins took the Patriots from a team I bet a lot of people were barely even aware of to one of the most popular teams in the league. Those uniforms, like them or not, are the definitive Patriots look now and always. They'll do a tweak here and there but flying Elvis is here to stay.

Gonna need you to cite some sources on that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Gonna need you to cite some sources on that.

You could also ask for citation on this "a lot of people were barely even aware of".
They're a freaking NFL team. That statement is laughable.

It's where I sit.

Archived