Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

10 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I agree with that 💯 I just personally don't think it should be the Patriots even if they did rock it for 3 decades + Bills are ideal, Giants are blue and so that leaves the new guys.

Houston, looking at you.

Bills will never, and should never be a red first team. Red is associated with the Patriots, and Bills fans would hate to be associated with the Pats.

Even the red color rush isnt terribly loved.

That said? Wouldnt mind a return to red helmets, just never full time red jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Bills will never, and should never be a red first team. Red is associated with the Patriots, and Bills fans would hate to be associated with the Pats.

Even the red color rush isnt terribly loved.

That said? Wouldnt mind a return to red helmets, just never full time red jerseys

10 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Bills are ideal

My apologies, I meant ideal the way they are.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

10 minutes ago, kimball said:

I always wondered that if they moved to Hartford would Boston of gotten another team? 

Most likely not. Hartford was used merely as a negotiating tactic by Kraft with Foxboro. I don't believe there was any serious intention to move to Hartford, and considering the plans Hartford had in case they actually did, I'm glad they didn't. They would have moved back to the Boston area by 2004 or 2005 had it happened.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

38 minutes ago, kimball said:

I always wondered that if they moved to Hartford would Boston of gotten another team? 

I can't imagine they would unless the NFL wanted to kill the Hartford team. Hockey could survive in Hartford because the NHL requires smaller fanbases and lower attendance numbers, and quite frankly it barely survived while it did. By the end it was perennially a bottom 3 team in attendance.

With a football team, where the average attendance needs to be much higher, I just can't see a team in Hartford surviving wedged between two New York teams and Boston. Sure, football is considerably more popular than hockey, but I just don't see there being enough support for two teams in New England to survive. So it likely would either be the Hartford Patriots or a team in Boston with the Patriots having relocated.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That's a good question and to be honest boston would probably just be SOL as I'm sure the team would've still been branded the New England Patriots and still representing the Boston area in the NFL's eyes. it's further than Foxboro to Boston but i'm sure it's still under 2 hours.  So my guess is no unless a team made a stink, relocated to the northside Boston and the Pats gave up their territorial rights to the area. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

On 3/30/2020 at 5:10 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Are you equating 'revenue' to popularity?  I'm not sure that works, unless your statement is based on local popularity.  I have nothing against the Patriots, but they don't seem to be one of those teams that inspires a bandwagon following around the country.  Anecdotally, just from reading these forums and a few other sites, I'd say that because of things like spygate and deflategate, as well as people just being tired of their greatness, they're very unpopular outside of their home market.

No.  The desire has only been for a throwback.

Here in Tucson,AZ there is a huge Patriot/Yankee bandwagon.  Every other car here has a Wildcat, Yankee and a Patriot sticker on the bumper.  The bandwagon for the Patriots is real outside their own market.  

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I wouldn't say ONLY a throwback.. I've seen my fair share of concepts that modernize the Eagles and use kelly green.. in fact, I'm somewhat in that group.. I don't dislike their current uniform design, but I think it would look fantastic if the midnight green was exchanged for kelly.. 

The question was about what the team wanted, and they've been crystal clear that they are only looking to use kelly green for throwback purposes, at least short term.  They've been very clear that they don't have immediate plans to move away from midnight green.

20 minutes ago, beachperroAZ said:

Here in Tucson,AZ there is a huge Patriot/Yankee bandwagon.  Every other car here has a Wildcat, Yankee and a Patriot sticker on the bumper.  The bandwagon for the Patriots is real outside their own market.  

I'm not saying I'm not wrong about the Patriots - I very well may be - but Arizona and Florida are retiree states, so it's reasonable to assume that many people from colder areas have migrated there and kept their allegiances.

Again, not fighting the point because i know that it's wrong, just that the evidence provided hasn't swayed me (not that it matters... we're just killing time until a reveal.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

54 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The question was about what the team wanted, and they've been crystal clear that they are only looking to use kelly green for throwback purposes, at least short term.  They've been very clear that they don't have immediate plans to move away from midnight green.

I'm not saying I'm not wrong about the Patriots - I very well may be - but Arizona and Florida are retiree states, so it's reasonable to assume that many people from colder areas have migrated there and kept their allegiances.

Again, not fighting the point because i know that it's wrong, just that the evidence provided hasn't swayed me (not that it matters... we're just killing time until a reveal.)

Virginia is the same way. More working age than retirees, but a large number of residents(myself included) moved in from out of state and keep our allegiances. See lots of Pats stuff down here, but not as much as Cowboys/Steelers

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What would sway you?

Seems to me you've already made your opinion and aren't changing it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

What would sway you?

Seems to me you've already made your opinion and aren't changing it.

Not at all.  My post may have read differently in text than it would have if spoken.  Let me try again:

"I'm not fighting the point, and I don't even know that I'm right and that you're wrong, I just haven't seen anything that makes me know for sure that you're right, and I don't even really feel strongly about this, just discussing because I'm bored because there's no real news to talk about"

As for what would sway me?  IDK - merch sales outside of home market (has that already been provided)?  I don't know about TV ratings, since most people would watch a dynasty team when they're on, and if they're on nationally, it's probably a big game anyway.  Maybe a survey of 100,000,000 people asking them who their favorite teams are?  I just can't believe that they're one of the most popular teams when you practically never hear people that aren't from New England talking about them as fans, and practically everyone that's not from there seems to post and talk negative about them, either out of jealousy or because they cheated or other reasons.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

34 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not at all.  My post may have read differently in text than it would have if spoken.  Let me try again:

"I'm not fighting the point, and I don't even know that I'm right and that you're wrong, I just haven't seen anything that makes me know for sure that you're right, and I don't even really feel strongly about this, just discussing because I'm bored because there's no real news to talk about"

As for what would sway me?  IDK - merch sales outside of home market (has that already been provided)?  I don't know about TV ratings, since most people would watch a dynasty team when they're on, and if they're on nationally, it's probably a big game anyway.  Maybe a survey of 100,000,000 people asking them who their favorite teams are?  I just can't believe that they're one of the most popular teams when you practically never hear people that aren't from New England talking about them as fans, and practically everyone that's not from there seems to post and talk negative about them, either out of jealousy or because they cheated or other reasons.

I'm not from New England and I've been a fan of the Patriots for a long time. Just because you don't see very online Patriots fans doesn't mean they don't exist. 

The Patriots are in the top 5 of jersey sales and merchandise sales. A number of studies have been done, as found on a simple Google search. A survey of 100,000,000 people is not feasible nor more reliable than a survey of 1000. 

Stuff like the picture below isn't just coincidence. 

StubHub's 2019 NFL Preview: NFL International Appeal Continues to ...

eBay Reveals Shoppers' Favorite NFL Teams and Players Just in Time ...

Fantasy vs. Reality: How Are NFL Fans Spending Their Money on eBay?

This was a Patriots road game in 2019:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cool, but other than that, what evidence is there?

yes, I'm trolling at this point

On 3/30/2020 at 8:03 AM, burgundy said:

They had a bunch of previously unheard of dudes lead by a backup quarterback, and wore dog masks because they embraced being the underdog. I think fluke would apply.

I'm sorry but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. First off, no Super Bowl win is a "fluke." You don't accidentally win a Super Bowl it's way too much work. Second, if anything it's more of a testament to how talented and deep that team was.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:53 PM, Claystation360 said:

I agree with that 💯 I just personally don't think it should be the Patriots even if they did rock it for 3 decades + Bills are ideal, Giants are blue and so that leaves the new guys.

Houston, looking at you.

You're preaching to the choir Bro. (I hate navy rant #24) Especially since the only Red team in the AFC are the Chiefs.

OK back to the topic at hand...

Personally if it's me I use the Color Rush as inspiration.  Silver helmet remains, maybe with a navy blue mask but red is OK.

Number font something similar to the newer wordmark, with those flair spikes indorporated.  Toss in a silver pant and a navy blue pant and you're set.

3 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I'm sorry but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. First off, no Super Bowl win is a "fluke." You don't accidentally win a Super Bowl it's way too much work. Second, if anything it's more of a testament to how talented and deep that team was.

In any tournament that’s single elimination it’s always possible to “fluke” your way to a championship

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

OK back to the topic at hand...

Personally if it's me I use the Color Rush as inspiration.  Silver helmet remains, maybe with a navy blue mask but red is OK.

Number font something similar to the newer wordmark, with those flair spikes indorporated.  Toss in a silver pant and a navy blue pant and you're set.

Maybe just me, but the number font changing would push it out of the minor changes frame that we've been told to expect. That font gets used by the team for numbers as well as all kinds of other media ... seemingly most places the Patriots have a need for display type besides the word mark. To me that's one of those things that's now inextricably linked with the Patriots-as-dynasty-team, even if I think it's an ugly typeface on its merits.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

Maybe just me, but the number font changing would push it out of the minor changes frame that we've been told to expect. That font gets used by the team for numbers as well as all kinds of other media ... seemingly most places the Patriots have a need for display type besides the word mark. To me that's one of those things that's now inextricably linked with the Patriots-as-dynasty-team, even if I think it's an ugly typeface on its merits.

Well you have to remember that to most people outside of these boards “minor changes” are just same colors and overall the aesthetic on tv won’t change. They could come out with something the average fan thinks is a slight change but we will be on here breaking down new number fonts, piping or lack thereof, the order of the colors of the stripes, wordmark placement on the jerseys, etc...

Archived