Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, WSU151 said:

This was a Patriots road game in 2019:

This is FedEx Field and it’s nothing out of the normal for a Redskins home game. I went to four games this past season:

49ers @ Redskins

Jets @ Redskins

Lions @ Redskins

Giants @ Redskins

Every game was 75-80% opposing team fans. It was pathetic and such an embarrassment as a Redskins fan to sit through.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

In any tournament that’s single elimination it’s always possible to “fluke” your way to a championship

That's true... but when the team that wins was the #1 seed and won 13 regular-season games, it's really hard to call that a "fluke".  It's not like an 8 seed winning the Stanley Cup because their goalie "stood on his head".

Why do they say that goalies stand on their heads?  Is that even possible on ice?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/29/2020 at 11:44 PM, MDGP said:

https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/#tab:overall

2nd most valuable team and second highest revenue and operating income in the NFL. People are buying more of their stuff than anyone except the Cowboys. Seems pretty popular to me.

I feel like the most forgettable team in the league is the Jaguars. Only reason they've gained some following is their 2017 playoff run and playing in London every year.

Let's be honest, who cares about the Jaguars?

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

And me, seeing as how I was with them from the start. (As amazing as it is, I've run across a few Jaguars fans up here in the northern plains--definitely wasn't expecting that.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, Meshmaster101 said:

i wouldnt categorize changing the number font as a minor change, as the number is literally plastered all over the chest, back and shoulders.

Kinda depends on situation.. when the Rams debuted their 2000's look, it had a standard block font for the first year.. then they updated only the number font, and it went largely unnoticed..

44 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Kinda depends on situation.. when the Rams debuted their 2000's look, it had a standard block font for the first year.. then they updated only the number font, and it went largely unnoticed..

It was noticed, because screened on replicas had the right numbers but the actual on field jerseys didn't for that first year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's true... but when the team that wins was the #1 seed and won 13 regular-season games, it's really hard to call that a "fluke".  It's not like an 8 seed winning the Stanley Cup because their goalie "stood on his head".

Why do they say that goalies stand on their heads?  Is that even possible on ice?  

The story goes that when the NHL revoked its rule that goalies must remain on their feet while making a save, Frank Calder said "As far as I'm concerned, they can stand on their head if they want."

This comes across extremely apocryphal to me, but that's where it supposedly comes from.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

6 hours ago, MDGP said:

The story goes that when the NHL revoked its rule that goalies must remain on their feet while making a save, Frank Calder said "As far as I'm concerned, they can stand on their head if they want."

This comes across extremely apocryphal to me, but that's where it supposedly comes from.

Wait... There used to be a rule that goalies couldn't leave their feet?  What the hell?

14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I want to say it grew out of saying "he did everything but stand on his head," but then one half of the phrase was lost to time while the other end hung on, such that it doesn't make any sense on its own. See also: "happy as a clam at high tide"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

How are you basing that it went "largely unnoticed"?  In the absence of sites like this, and the inability to get instant feedback on any design change, it seems like a tough assertion to make.  I, for one, definitely noticed - especially since IIRC they were unveiledd with the new font, sold as replicas with the new font, and the block font inexplicably ended up on the game jerseys.

25 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait... There used to be a rule that goalies couldn't leave their feet?  What the hell?

Is that where the term "stand-up goalie" vs "butterfly goalie" came from?  Did going to your knees constitute 'leaving your feet'?  Or does that mean that they just didn't want goalies diving like outfielders trying to snag line drives, or jumping and doing karate kicks to stop pucks going for the wide-side of the net?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I feel like the most forgettable team in the league is the Jaguars. Only reason they've gained some following is their 2017 playoff run and playing in London every year.

Let's be honest, who cares about the Jaguars?

and me as well...FYI just because the organization is pretty terrible and the team inept in the sport, doesn't mean they don't have support or folks don't care. We would just rather our NFL team to win more than just over 40 games in a decade, and maybe 4 postseason wins since the start of the millenium isn't acceptable.  2017 isn't good enough

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How are you basing that it went "largely unnoticed"?  In the absence of sites like this, and the inability to get instant feedback on any design change, it seems like a tough assertion to make.  I, for one, definitely noticed - especially since IIRC they were unveiledd with the new font, sold as replicas with the new font, and the block font inexplicably ended up on the game jerseys.

I'll be honest and said I never knew about this until right now.  Had to google to check for myself.  I guess I always picture the 2001 team in my head. 

90758391980.gif

13 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

We would just rather our NFL team to win more than just over 40 games in a decade, and maybe 4 postseason wins since the start of the millenium isn't acceptable.  2017 isn't good enough

For the record, the Detroit Lions would kill for that resume. (For those unfamiliar, it's one playoff win since 1957. One. One. Since 1957. 1957. Lions' fans are kind of hard to describe.)

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For the record, the Detroit Lions would kill for that resume. (For those unfamiliar, it's one playoff win since 1957. One. One. Since 1957. 1957. Lions' fans are kind of hard to describe.)

As a Lions fan, y'all got any more of these playoff wins? We can definitely switch...

Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg

Archived