Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

What is your avatar from?  When did Dawkins ever wear 24?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Quillz said:

I assume the timing was purely coincidental, right? New uniforms would mean the Patriots had to inform the NFL back in 2015, I think.

No, it would have been early 2018 (around 2 years.)  It might not be much of a change at all, but it's very likely that considering the way contracts were being written, they had a really good feeling that 2020 was going to be the first post-Brady year, and were planning the change to coincide with that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

51 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I hope the Patriots realized how much the away socks sucked and didn’t tie into the uniform at all.

Each stripe represents a stupid design choice on the uniforms!

Part of me hopes the changes are huge. One, the current uniform is a mess. Two, the start of my life coincides with the start of the Brady era, so I'm pining to finally see something new for my Patriots now that the Brady era is done.

My wish list, so far, looks something like this:

-Side panels, piping go away (should go without saying)

-Consistent striping pattern, lose the shoulder hoops (they look terrible in the new Nike template)

-New number font (hopefully one that actually ties into their branding) and no more double outline

-A red alternate/throwback staying in the rotation full-time

-(If silver stays:) 90's throwback (I can't help it I love how stupidly fun they are)

On the one hand if you've had the most successful era in the history of your league wearing a certain uniform, it makes sense to not want to change it much. On the other, if your franchise player just left and it looks like you could be turning a page as a team (and the uniform is terrible) it makes sense to make a change.

I hope the Patriots stay navy and silver heavy, but with a better actual uniform and a little bit more red as trim.

8 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Each stripe represents a stupid design choice on the uniforms!

It was adidas sneaking in 3 stripes. 

9 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Part of me hopes the changes are huge. One, the current uniform is a mess. Two, the start of my life coincides with the start of the Brady era, so I'm pining to finally see something new for my Patriots now that the Brady era is done.

My wish list, so far, looks something like this:

-Side panels, piping go away (should go without saying)

-Consistent striping pattern, lose the shoulder hoops (they look terrible in the new Nike template)

-New number font (hopefully one that actually ties into their branding) and no more double outline

-A red alternate/throwback staying in the rotation full-time

-(If silver stays:) 90's throwback (I can't help it I love how stupidly fun they are)

Just the changes highlighted are all they really need to do. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What is your avatar from?  When did Dawkins ever wear 24?

I vaguely recall a recent interview with Dawkins where he made mention of not getting #20 right away in Philly and ended up getting it from another player.  Maybe this is from a pre-season game or something before he got #20? 

EDIT:  Found the article.  Here you go BBTV! https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/how-dawkins-came-to-be-no-20-8413319

2 hours ago, kutztown said:

I vaguely recall a recent interview with Dawkins where he made mention of not getting #20 right away in Philly and ended up getting it from another player.  Maybe this is from a pre-season game or something before he got #20? 

EDIT:  Found the article.  Here you go BBTV! https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/how-dawkins-came-to-be-no-20-8413319

Great pull!  I had no idea.  Bonus points for the Vaughn Hebron reference.  Love that guy.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

I've said for years that the Patriots are the undisputed leaders in the "Best Team / Worst Uniform" combo. 

So then you've been wrong for years.  Admitting it is the first step.

18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think you and I agree on who might be number one. They, too, wear Patriot grey.

It's where I sit.

39 minutes ago, Ark said:

Patriots just have to remove the side-piping and they would have one of the best uniforms in the league. They are already really good and underrated on this board. 

The side panels/piping is the only "fix" they need, but I'm not a big fan of the design overall. I find it mostly boring but too modern to feel "classic." Similar to Houston, they have an adequate navy and red set that is not among the very best in the league. Not a big fan of the gray/silver and prefer the navy color rush jersey by a large margin, but that's a pretty basic take.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Unnecessary piping, side panels, double outlines, flying Elvis... the look is a mess by any design standards. Such a shame for the most storied team over the past 20 years. What other dynasty even remotely compares?  

Archived