Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

39 minutes ago, jws008 said:

Here's my unpopular Patriots uniform opinion.

I liked this set a lot:

spacer.png

I know those big shoulder logos are pretty much a "ugh" feature these days and most will hate that number font, but there still is something about these that remains appealing to me.

An aside: the most underrated feature of these is the "vertical" striping, which I wouldn't mind someone attempting in a current set (better than side panels IMHO). Of course, the issue with these vertical stripes was that you couldn't always see them, depending on the lighting and viewing angle. 

I'll be pretty happy if they bring this back as a throwback for the next five years. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Froob said:

Gotta come out before the draft, right? It’d be odd to try to sell rookie jerseys without unveiling these first.

Rookies don't always get their numbers immediately assigned, so it may not matter.

It's where I sit.

19 hours ago, jws008 said:

Here's my unpopular Patriots uniform opinion.

I liked this set a lot:

spacer.png

I know those big shoulder logos are pretty much a "ugh" feature these days and most will hate that number font, but there still is something about these that remains appealing to me.

An aside: the most underrated feature of these is the "vertical" striping, which I wouldn't mind someone attempting in a current set (better than side panels IMHO). Of course, the issue with these vertical stripes was that you couldn't always see them, depending on the lighting and viewing angle. 

It's an interesting question. I think people saw these as too ugly and trashy, but now that the standard nostalgia-fashion cycle has entered the 90s, maybe that will change. If this was the NBA they'd already be back I'm sure (Terry Rozier tried to make them happen a few years ago!).

The other thing, too, is that since this was the era of debuting the Flying Elvis, it doesn't open up new merchandising avenues. As discussed earlier, the Pat Patriot stuff sells well, even if they haven't been able to wear those as actual throwbacks in years due to the helmet rule. But you probably can't build a whole new merch line around the Bledsoe era in the same way ... it's pretty much just the jerseys.

Also those shadow stripes are so 90s soccer.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

It's an interesting question. I think people saw these as too ugly and trashy, but now that the standard nostalgia-fashion cycle has entered the 90s, maybe that will change. If this was the NBA they'd already be back I'm sure (Terry Rozier tried to make them happen a few years ago!).

The other thing, too, is that since this was the era of debuting the Flying Elvis, it doesn't open up new merchandising avenues. As discussed earlier, the Pat Patriot stuff sells well, even if they haven't been able to wear those as actual throwbacks in years due to the helmet rule. But you probably can't build a whole new merch line around the Bledsoe era in the same way ... it's pretty much just the jerseys.

What new line of merchandise should they be opening up? Pat the Patriot already is for sale...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, WideRight said:

There was a lot not to like about the first revision of the Patriots towards Flying Elvis, but... these may be the best pant designs in NFL history.  It works amazingly with the logo. 

spacer.png

That Patriots set was underrted af. As stated, the pants were unique. Even better for the first year when they sported the silver facemask.

6uXNWAo.png

Flying Elvis is a terrible logo but the pants stripes there were inspired. Should have kept them. The Patriots taking three whacks to get their redesign right is an interesting relic of a pre-branding (or maybe proto-branding?) era.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

59 minutes ago, Cujo said:

That Patriots set was underrted af. As stated, the pants were unique. Even better for the first year when they sported the silver facemask.

Great set if they change the red numbers to white. Not a huge fan of red numbers on blue jerseys.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

What new line of merchandise should they be opening up? Pat the Patriot already is for sale...

well there aren’t any. I’m just saying, the Pat era throwbacks had that going for them in a way that Flying Elvis Mk.I doesn’t.

My only thoughts on that weird one-off early Elvis set is that it’s a little funny that the wacky pants stripe went with the traditional basic jersey, but then they used basic pants stripes with the modern super-90s jersey.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:59 PM, Bruhammydude said:

I feel like the most forgettable team in the league is the Jaguars. Only reason they've gained some following is their 2017 playoff run and playing in London every year.

Let's be honest, who cares about the Jaguars?

It amazes me at how Jacksonville is always portrayed in the media, and around the country. I have been a season ticket holder since day one, yet we continue to sell more tickets than most teams but you don’t hear about that. The tickets are sold, unfortunately a lot of the azzes aren’t in the seats because the stadium will roast you like an oven, and we have a complete POS for an owner in KHANman...

Our attendance was 22nd in the league in 2019 (http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance), 17th in 2018, 21st in 2017, 26th in 2016, and we have beaten teams in attendance you wouldn’t expect until you go through the list. The reason we have been on the crap list of the NFL goes back to Weaver giving the NFL the threat of a lawsuit if they gave the expansion team to a second ownership group in St. Louis that popped up at the last second, and we have been talked about terribly ever since. We have supported the team through thick and thin as the numbers prove, and according to Forbes the team is 23rd on the NFL list worth $2.325 Billion (https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/#tab:overall). Regardless of what is said by the so called analysts (:censored:-ESPN), we support the team as you can see in the revenue and attendance numbers.

Trust me I wish I had liked a different team, especially now since the KHANman took another game from us. We all know what is next which is the team moving to London which makes me wonder why I am even defending them. As a result of this I canceled my tickets after him giving a second game away, and so have a third of the season ticket holders which is exactly what the POS wants so he can move them. Hopefully him and Lamping (another POS) croak before they can do it. As terrible as it sounds, many of us would throw a party if his eyesore yacht sank with him & Lamping’s lying azzes are on it when it goes down... Unfortunately sh#t floats, so they wouldn’t drown...

1 minute ago, rtr2me said:

and we have a complete POS for an owner in KHANman...

Hasn't he put a lot of money into the franchise? I'm pretty sure he's the main reason the team hasn't been relocated...

2 minutes ago, rtr2me said:

We all know what is next which is the team moving to London which makes me wonder why I am even defending them.

They aren't moving to London. No one's moving to London. The logistics make such a move impossible to pull off. The NFL is still trying to make it work with these ill-advised regular season games over there, sure. The team's not going to London though. And there's a good chance the team would be out of there already had Khan not stepped up when he did.

1 minute ago, IceCap said:

Hasn't he put a lot of money into the franchise? I'm pretty sure he's the main reason the team hasn't been relocated...

They aren't moving to London. No one's moving to London. The logistics make such a move impossible to pull off. The NFL is still trying to make it work with these ill-advised regular season games over there, sure. The team's not going to London though. And there's a good chance the team would be out of there already had Khan not stepped up when he did.

1. He gets a lot of money from the city due to getting his lapdogs in the mayors office, and they are giving him the riverfront. He lied when he came here stating he would build a manufacturing plant which never happened, and he has been carving up downtown, and selling it off little by little, but they burry the stories on the last page of the Florida Times Union because they continually kiss his azz. Look it up, see for yourself.

2. He tried to purchase Wembley, he has petitioned the UK to build a multipurpose stadium after removing his bid for Wembley, and in the last year he has invested a lot of money into London. He doesn’t care about Jacksonville as can be seen by his and Lamping’s remarks about us (see below). What would you say if you were a fan of this team after watching this go down?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/15/mark-lampings-comments-about-jags-market-not-sitting-well-with-fans/

Lamping admitted the Jags haven’t done their part during an exchange about the team’s lack of success on the field and how it’s affected their local revenue. 

“I can tell you there’s no way the organization can sit here today and look at their fans and say we’ve delivered the type of product on the field you’d expect,” Lamping said via the Florida Times-Union. However, he added that he didn’t believe winning would be a silver bullet for the Jags’ revenue issues due to its market size, using the Jags’ 2018 season as an example. During that time, the team sold 52,000 season tickets after going to the AFC Championship in 2017. “To sit back and say winning is going to cure everything — not in this market,” Lamping said. Much like Shad Khan’s comments about Jacksonville not having enough of a desire for football to have all of their home games in Jacksonville, Lamping’s comments struck a chord with Jags fans for the simple fact that the Jags haven’t really shown consistency, and 2017 was Khan’s only winning season out of seven. In fact, Khan’s second best showing as an owner was during the 2019 season when the Jags won only six games. 

4 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Is it an unpopular opinion that Jacksonville shouldn't have gotten a team?

Tagliabue and Goodell have had nothing but issues with Jacksonville, until Khan came in. Weaver has made remarks about things that went on while he owned the team, and they weren’t great.

7 minutes ago, rtr2me said:

What would you say if you were a fan of this team after watching this go down?

Honestly? It looks like a lot of the problems similar smaller markets have in the Big Four 🤷‍♂️

The NFL is constantly trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with London, and Khan's a businessman. He sees some extra cash to be made by being the guy the NFL can rely on to agree to their stupid London games. Doesn't mean there's a plot to move the team to London though (because no one is moving to London, it simply isn't possible to have a team there full-time).

Point is smaller market + inconsistent on field performance = struggling fan support. Happens all over the place. Not a uniquely Jacksonville problem.

1 minute ago, IceCap said:

Point is smaller market + inconsistent on field performance = struggling fan support. Happens all over the place. Not a uniquely Jacksonville problem

I'd say the problem is exasperated by the popularity of college football in northern Florida. The Gators and Seminoles are two of the most successful programs in history. Why pay more to see a mediocre pro team when you (usually) have a very competitive college team you can watch

Archived