Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know I get accused all the time on this board of being the old stick in the mud who just automatically dislikes everything new, but for the life of me, I don't get the love for this color rush uniform. This jersey just feels old and played out and honestly just lazy. Plus, those shoulder stripes just don't work anymore. Even if they wore the CR jersey with gray pants it would still suck. The Superbowl uniform has tons of flaws but it's better than the color rush.

Hm what would be your pick (without going back to Pat Patriot)?

I think if they ditched silver except for helmet (and logo)... it would actually look fine? I don't think a relative lack of silver detracts from either the current Color Rush nor the away jersey. Navy pants plus white socks would actually be my first pick to go with both jerseys.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What do you mean? Am I just picking between the Superbowl uniforms and the color rush jersey? How about something new that doesn't suck? 

Maybe that's too much to ask for.

I mean what would you look to do with the current look (or at least with flying Elvis) to make it a lot better? Or do you think it needs to be something new altogether?

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What do you mean? Am I just picking between the Superbowl uniforms and the color rush jersey? How about something new that doesn't suck? 

Maybe that's too much to ask for.

I think it is because I have yet to see many new ones that haven't

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

This is technically sound, but it doesn't make any sense for the Patriots. The typeface evokes the Old West, the sleeve stripes evoke Texas. (Maybe it should've been the Texans uniform instead of their actual create-a-team template.) The throwback is to a one-year uniform worn by a completely unremarkable losing squad.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

The navy facemask looks downright awful...silver or red mask would be 1000000x better...and adding blue pants to the throwback isn't good (though the '93 set would be a good throwback).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The navy facemask looks downright awful...silver or red mask would be 1000000x better...and adding blue pants to the throwback isn't good. 

Silver or red facemask on a silver helmet looks cheap as hell. Navy is the best direction for New England moving forward.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Silver or red facemask on a silver helmet looks cheap as hell. 

The Cowboys, Lions, and Raiders disagree. 

This doesn't look cheap to me. 

Bill's Update Blog: 1993-99 New England Patriots

This is one of the most classic helmets, and it looks just fine with a gray facemask. 

Ohio State Football: Buckeyes' 2020 Schedule Analysis

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Should’ve chose my words more carefully...

Silver or red facemask on a PATRIOTS silver helmet looks cheap as hell

And I disagree. 

Archived