Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

The masks in OSV's concept look better in navy.  I prefer red on the current set, but navy works for that concept.  Don't know why.  It just does.

The only critique I have is that the numbers are not attractive.  You did a good job of matching the wordmark, but sometimes not everything should match.  Too many spikes, and open 4s have never looked good on an athletic uniform IMO.  I'd either stick to their current font, or just go with a standard block - or maybe even MLB block?  Nobody else uses it, so why not?

I like the colors of the wordmarks under the collars.

Maybe consider moving the sleeve stripes up to the shoulders like hoops, with the star on the sleeve... though I have a feeling the Cowboys would never stand for another team using a stand alone star.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Yeah, count me as one of the people who hate their current color rush look. I think they need to ditch navy altogether and either return to something that resembles this...

98820183750be3686f1d8f946ccfb549.jpg

Or, for God's sake, just go back to this as the primary look...

Buffalo+Bills+v+New+England+Patriots+ZBI

10122009_cd12pats16-7386249.jpg

Wouldn't mind them going back to pat the Patriot era. Would rather it be the late 80's early 90s set prior to Flying elvis though. I liked the striping white mask and red pants more so than the pictured set.

6 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Wouldn't mind them going back to pat the Patriot era. Would rather it be the late 80's early 90s set prior to Flying elvis though. I liked the striping white mask and red pants more so than the pictured set.

I wish Madden would put those red pants in the game. Hopefully Pat Patriot returns as an alt in 2021. No way flying elvis goes away after all the work they did with that brand last 20 years.

12 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I think the Patriots' helmet with a silver mask looks very plain.

Here's an idea for a "rule" for helmets: a helmet should have either a facemask that is a different color than the shell, or a center stripe. A helmet with no stripe and a facemask the same color as the helmet is too boring.

The Bears and the Texans are the only teams in the NFL that currently have a same-colored facemask and no center stripe, and their helmet is uber-traditional, which the Patriots' isn't. If the Bears' helmet was a new helmet released today, I'm sure it would be considered boring. The Texans' helmet is boring - although they have one of the best logos in the NFL, I don't think anyone classifies them among the great helmets of the NFL.

Even the great plain college football helmets, like Ohio State and Alabama, have center stripes.

The Texans have one of the most lifeless identities in the entire sports world 

2 minutes ago, ThorSkaagi said:

The Texans have one of the most lifeless identities in the entire sports world 

In the same vein, so do the Patriots. The Texans are quite literally the Southern Patriots.

All the Texans did was take the Patriots uniform layout and turn it about 2° into arguably something better.

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The script, flawed as it is, at least evokes *something* colonial (quill writing).

Interesting, I never thought of it that way. I always just saw it as an effort to do a baseball-style script, kind of neo-traditional, but more appropriately "rigid" for football. I'm not sure that makes much sense in the context of the entire redesign, but again, that was when most design was still pre-sense.

That new Patriots wordmark (which, per the mothership, was 2013? wow, time flies, thought it was much sooner) is quite possibly the worst in the league, even worse than the Bengardinalcontexhawks. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Froob said:

I wish Madden would put those red pants in the game. 

That would be cool.

There are a lot of uniforms and/or pants that I wish Madden would put in the game lol.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That would be cool.

There are a lot of uniforms and/or pants that I wish Madden would put in the game lol.

I’d honestly pay for a DLC with more jerseys lol. Not to give them more ideas, but if that’s what it takes.

Just now, Froob said:

I’d honestly pay for a DLC with more jerseys lol. Not to give them more ideas, but if that’s what it takes.

I realize different parts of EA work on different games, but EA was able to offer uniform packs for NCAA...so it doesn't seem impossible. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, Froob said:

They had more jerseys in the PS2/XBOX/GameCube era in Madden. For free. 

Heck, they had even more jersey options in ESPN 2K5. Goddamn that game packed a lot into a $20 price tag. 

12 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

They had more jerseys in the PS2/XBOX/GameCube era in Madden. For free. 

Heck, they had even more jersey options in ESPN 2K5. Goddamn that game packed a lot into a $20 price tag. 

At one point you could edit jerseys. Wish they had a jersey creator like in 2k, but have it not full of glitches.

41 minutes ago, Froob said:

At one point you could edit jerseys. Wish they had a jersey creator like in 2k, but have it not full of glitches.

In Madden 2003 or so, one of the create-a-jersey number typefaces was even the Patriots typeface, or something really close to it. I gave them the red fauxback people always want, a green version, I think a cream/ecru version for some reason... halcyon days.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That would be cool.

It doesn't make sense with these games to not have full uniform histories of all the teams. (Within reason of course). Every major uniform the team has had should be in the game. 

7 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

"The Lawfirm"

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I believe he was given the nickname because he held the record for most touches without a fumble? Then he fumbled one time and his career went down the drain.

EDIT: quick google search says he was given the nickname due to “his conglomerate of names”, but it does state that he never lost a fumble while as a member of the Patriots

Archived