Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Newport said:

Looks like the numbers are lower in the front. Does that mean it says Patriots or Pats on the front?

I'm assuming it'll be their wordmark, like so:

tom-brady1-1.jpg

And the numbers are going to be both lower and smaller in the front in that situation:

josh-gordon-9.jpg

13 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

And the numbers are going to be both lower and smaller in the front in that situation:

But the wordmark has been on the regular jerseys too. Seems like the size wouldn't change. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

But the wordmark has been on the regular jerseys too. Seems like the size wouldn't change. 

That's my bad for not speaking clearly. The number itself is lower than it would be without the wordmark above it, but I was also noting how the number in the front is always smaller than the number on the back (as shown in the second photo).

3 hours ago, Froob said:

This thread gone from Jaguars to Benjarvus Green-Ellis haha. Where will we be by the time we get these jerseys?

Discussing the various ways national announcers pronounce  "Hoomanawanui'? Or waiting for the head coach to say, "On to the new uniforms"? ;) 

20 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

It says CLEVELAND

You know, I was actually just thinking how weird it was that the Cavs had a new set ready to go the season LeBron left (and almost did it twice, but James had one season in their current black/gold/yellow set), and the Pats have a new set ready to go for the season immediately post-Brady.

You don't always get to change uniforms when a franchise-defining player leaves, but pretty amazing that the Pats were able to time this so well.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You know, I was actually just thinking how weird it was that the Cavs had a new set ready to go the season LeBron left (and almost did it twice, but James had one season in their current black/gold/yellow set), and the Pats have a new set ready to go for the season immediately post-Brady.

You don't always get to change uniforms when a franchise-defining player leaves, but pretty amazing that the Pats were able to time this so well.

They knew when Brady's contract was up. They could have synced the redesign process to line up with it running out. Either he resigns and you sell everyone new Brady jerseys or he leaves and you play up the "new era" angle.

45 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Word marks on the chest of jerseys need to stop. 

Eh, im indifferent.  I think it works for some teams but not all, and thats OK.  Like the Packers and Steelers dont have to.  The Redskins didnt have to, but did, and it looks fine.  Teams like the Ravens, Pats, Bucs, etc all look fine.

14 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You know, I was actually just thinking how weird it was that the Cavs had a new set ready to go the season LeBron left

*dusts off*

clevejacked.png

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, insert name said:

I’m gonna be mad if they use the shoulder stripes better than the Jets after they got rid of them.

I mean, the Jets stripes on the pre-2019 set were pretty bad.

The Colts did it better than the Jets. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Eh, im indifferent.  I think it works for some teams but not all, and thats OK.  Like the Packers and Steelers dont have to.  The Redskins didnt have to, but did, and it looks fine.  Teams like the Ravens, Pats, Bucs, etc all look fine.

I’m surprised people don’t like it. Long as they don’t oversize like Atlanta did.

Archived