Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, eRay said:

I must say, I somehow missed the shrinking of the Panthers' TV numbers. After a long comb-through of game photos I have laughingly decided that TV numbers are no longer necessary. If the Panthers' numbers are acceptable then TV numbers obviously serve no purpose any longer. I dare anyone to tell me they sit in the stands and tell the Panthers apart by their TV numbers.

How the size of these numbers evaded me for so long I'll never know. The year numbers in the anniversary patch are bigger then the TV numbers!

1185300261-850x560.jpeg

A big part of the problem has come as Nike widened the collars to ~2 1/2”. IMO, there’s simply no need for them to be that big. Houston’s are just gargantuan and are larger than the space between the collar and the swoosh.

30 minutes ago, UConn James said:

A big part of the problem has come as Nike widened the collars to ~2 1/2”. IMO, there’s simply no need for them to be that big. Houston’s are just gargantuan and are larger than the space between the collar and the swoosh.

The previous set used larger numbers that  crept much closer to the collar and stripes.. they're worrying too much about a certain amount of distance/separation.. They could easily make the numbers an inch taller, growing them by a half-inch in either direction with a bit of space still on either side of them..

1 hour ago, selgy said:

I think I met 1 or 2 Patriot fans in my entire life prior to those uniforms/run. 

Ha!  I never knew a single other Patriots fan before 2001 SB.  Got made fun of plenty for supporting such a garbage team.  How times have changed!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

6 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

There’s no silver on the uniform other than a small amount on the number but they kept silver helmets. This was the perfect time to switch to white helmets 

The numbers are both outlined in grey, followed by the more bold red outline after that

FxuDaDI.png

f5lsRH8.png

Not feeling the silver outline in the numbers, especially on the road. Looks like a forced holdover from the last uniform.

They announced monochrome navy at home is their new primary set, I think that’s a huge mistake. Hopefully silver pants exist for this set and they eventually pivot to those full time at home. 

These look pretty bad to me. A weird mishmash of modern and old

90758391980.gif

Archived