Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These suck. Why even have silver if it won't be anywhere on the jerseys? Zero consistency between the stripes on the helmet and pants. Socks that have a single stripe that isn't seen literally anywhere else on the uniform. Zero consistency or cohesiveness in the design at all.

I guess this fits a franchise that currently has no clue what its identity is and what direction it's going.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Yeah, that looks like a unique block font, compared to the other teams' block. From afar, it's not obvious, but look at the horizontal parts of the numbers.

I hope that they would pull off a Falcons here. Remember when the red pants were only in a few photos? Maybe the Pats will unveil silver or white pants when the unveil is complete.

This preview on Fanatics (though go to the jersey page at 8:15 am on Fanatics, and they're not for sale lol) looks like the normal Pats number font:

NEW FOR 2020. New England Patriots Jerseys. Shop Now>

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thoughts:

- Never been a fan of their uniforms, but first impression is downgrade. 

- I know I just argued for that kind of striping in the Browns thread, but in the case the stripes should go blue-red-blue on the white jerseys. This way there's far too much red. 

- no gray pants? 

- Are TV numbers no longer a requirement? That opens a world of possibilities for sleeve and shoulder designs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

Yeah, that looks like a unique block font, compared to the other teams' block. From afar, it's not obvious, but look at the horizontal parts of the numbers.

The new 2 doesn't seem to be quite as exaggerated as the old 2. 

Patriots' Stephon Gilmore Embraces Being the NFL's Best Cornerback ...

Full time mono blue?  Ugghhhhh . . . 

. . . and I actually didn't mind the old font.  It wasn't great, but at least it was unique . . . and not worth ditching for something so similar yet more ordinary.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Surprised at the already overwhelmingly negative comments. Surely with more to come.

They got it right. I love this look for them.

In total agreement here. Love the look. There’s no doubt they’ll have silver pants and a new color rush look. 

I love these. 

Still not sure why they think the thin red stripes plus thick white stripes on the pants (aka Texans pants) looks good with evenly thick stripes on the shoulders. 

This isn't rocket science, Bob and Jon.

The jerseys are fine (glad they fixed the number font) but the pants stripes and shoulder stripes are still mismatched. That's the one problem with the rash look that they absolutely needed to fix. 

https://www.patriots.com/photos/first-look-at-the-patriots-full-uniforms-for-2020#c91c6972-979c-4d0f-a988-0f61c7fdc471

There are no TV numbers. 

Men's Nike Julian Edelman Navy New England Patriots Vapor Limited Jersey

Wth is going on with this 4

Men's Nike Dont'a Hightower White New England Patriots Vapor Limited Jersey

And it's weird how some numbers get fancy serifs and angles, but other numbers look like standard block:

Devin McCourty New England Patriots Nike Game Jersey - White

Hi guys. Been almost a decade since I posted here, but since my favorite team has unveiled a new uni set, I figured I’d comment:

First and foremost, the lack of white pants and the lack of a white helmet are huge missed opportunities. The monochrome look is not great, and the silver helmet now looks out of place.

Secondly, I think the jerseys are an upgrade on aggregate. The loss of the proprietary number and NOB font stings, however.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Jdmorris1124 said:

On the ProShop site it has the throwback red jerseys with the new ones labeled as ‘alternate’ 

Patriots ProShop

I’m not sure if this means anything or just marketing wording to sell more.

They've sold red Tom Brady "alternate" jerseys for years. 

Archived