Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helmet should be white. Silver helmet with this set isn't needed. Remove the silver outline on numbers and change helmet to white. 

Also, white helmet would allow you to use the throwbacks as well. Missed opportunity 

1 minute ago, heavybass said:

Wasted opportunity that they are not going to have again until what the one rule helmet goes.... and that's if they allow it to be relaxed.

The red jerseys are still for sale.

Not sure why some Pats fans are so hard up to see the red jerseys again. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For those of you who believe this is a downgrade, I don’t see why it would be. Sure there are some minor tweaks that could make these even better (make the stripes on the road B/R/B and add either a white or silver pair of pants) but I think this is a worthy upgrade for the Patriots. 

image.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Browns asked for no TV numbers on their alternate and were told no but the Patriots two main jerseys won't have them. What the hell is going on?

My guess is that the NFL wanted *something* on the sleeve or shoulder for the Browns. The NFL wants people to buy jerseys, not numbered t-shirts with plain sleeves. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New England Patriots Unveil New Uniforms for 2020

April 20, 2020 - 12:57 PM

The New England Patriots celebrated Patriots Day today with a new set of home and road uniforms for the 2020 NFL season. It’s a promotion of the Pats popular all-blue “Color Rush” set, worn once or twice per year for […]

Read More...

I think this is a nice update, and it’s almost exactly what I was hoping for. Keep the navy pants but switch to white socks? Same pants home and road? Keep the iconic silver helmet? All are the right decisions for this team.

my only complaints are with the numbers — not sure how I feel yet about tweaking their standard number font, and worse they kept the unneeded silver double outline inside the numbers when they had a clear out to ditch it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

They went from a 5 to a 5.5. They are an upgrade but terribly underwhelming, still. I am thinking they will still have silver (or wolf gray...or Patriot gray...or whatever they will be called) pants because no Nike update has had only one pair of pants "in the closet" (as far as I know). The font, IMO, is better and I think I like the stripes but still these are just so boring.

If you're just repeating the primary logo on sleeves and helmet, and you're putting that primary logo below the wordmark on the front, then ditch the logo from the sleeves and put the TV numbers there.

We're lucky they didn't clutter it up further by positioning numbers on top of the shoulder stripes.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The red jerseys are still for sale.

Not sure why some Pats fans are so hard up to see the red jerseys again. 

The culture on this board has a weird sort of over-correction where anything “flames emoji” is trash but any given team’s mid-80s look is considered its default best look. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Even with a white helmet these are not a good look. The all blue at home is not good & I have never been a fan of the blue pants on the road. I see no upgrade with these just simply change for the sake of change. Its worse though because the pants. White pants would not make this better only silver pants worn could make this a slight upgrade but I am not holding out any hopes for those.

16 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The Browns said shoulder numbers were required right? So what’s up with that?

I wonder if what was really required was something on the shoulders -- meaning not necessarily numbers, but that numbers or stripes were required because the shoulders aren't permitted to be blank.

Or, as someone else has already pointed out, it's just that the rules don't apply to New England (as usual, cried roughly 98% of the non-NE fans). ;) 

4 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

For those of you who believe this is a downgrade, I don’t see why it would be. 

Ok, let me tell why it is IMO. 

First and foremost, there are only navy pants. That alone sinks the entire uniform. They could have gotten every other detail 100 percent perfect, and having monochrome as your only choice makes it a complete and total failure from the start.

All the other bad details (mismatched stripes on the navy elements, overly thick shoulder stripes, leotard socks) just bring it down even further. The Superbowl set had big problems, but this is a massive downgrade. I hate this uniform.

Archived