Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Unwind said:

Fixed the pants. How difficult was this? (Quick Photoshop using a trackpad, excuse the relative messiness.)

spacer.png

Nice.  I'd love to see the Grey pants with the White jersey, having a Red/Navy/Red stripe to match that jersey.  

They could wear:

A.  Navy over Grey

B.  White over Grey

C.  Navy over Navy

And everything would be in-sync and balanced.

They desperately need to add a Grey pant to this set.  It's iconic to their brand and look, IMO.

17 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Don't you think it's a little unfair to paint the entire community with such a broad brush? There's a reason that the blue pinstriped suit has been around forever. There's also a reason why you probably aren't wearing a 70's leisure suit or 80's parachute pants right now. Today's "fire" is often tomorrow's punchline. Point being, it isn't entirely about old is good and new is bad. It's about people not signing on for tomorrow's punchline today. In other words, the blue pinstriped suit is always going to work. We know what happened to leisure suits and parachute pants.

FWIW, there are quite a few modern designs that I really like and there are quite a few "old-fashioned" designs that I really don't like. What matters most to me is whether or not I think a uniform looks good. Period. This community disagrees with me all the time. I don't care and I never take it personally. 

In general I see your point. But this topic is not, in my view, a good example of it. It's hard for me to see wanting the Patriots in white helmets and red jerseys as anything but nostalgia for old days. In this case the old days were the Patriots being a constant laughingstock and their stadium being an overgrown high school field with regular sewage issues. The Brady-era had flaws and was of its time, true, but they won six titles with it, and if that still doesn't allow you to establish something like a baseline look, what does?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Honestly -- I don't love a lot of white and silver both being used on the uniforms. Perhaps that's why the existing uniforms had little white on the home jerseys, and almost no silver on the away jerseys. Pair both of those AND navy and red and I think there's too much going on. I don't see the need for gray pants here -- the new stripe pattern introduces enough white to the home jersey that more gray/silver doesn't look great in my eyes.

(And the helmet doesn't bother me -- I don't know why, maybe it's because it's a different material, maybe the logo silver is all I need. But I'm totally fine with a silver helmet over an otherwise R/W/B uniform.)

I wish the navy pants stripe matched the shoulder stripe better, and that the navy color block on the socks was smaller, to reduce the mono-naviness of it. But otherwise I don't see navy pants, themselves, as an issue.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Still some of the worst helmets in NFL history.

Never liked a team named the Patriots inexplicably wearing Red, white, blue, and.......silver?!

Plus flying Elvis was always a terrible logo.

I do love the concept by @B-mer with the white helmet.

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

No, it’s not unfair at all. Look at how many people reject just about every modern design here. When people try to defend modern design trends, they usually wind up being mocked and derided.

Oh please. People get mocked and derided for way more :censored: than that around here. That aside, I've seen just as many people get lit up for liking traditional designs. We're on a forum talking about jerseys and sock stripes. Let's stop pretending this is the Harvard Speech and Parliamentary Debate Society. People are going to disagree about silly things. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, infrared41 said:

Oh please. People get mocked and derided for way more :censored: than that around here. That aside, I've seen just as many people get lit up for liking traditional designs.

Not me. I generally see it as being pretty one-sided. 

Just now, infrared41 said:

We're on a forum talking about jerseys and sock stripes. Let's stop pretending this is the Harvard Speech and Parliamentary Debate Society. People are going to disagree about silly things. 

Sure, but it’s just an aspect of CCSLC culture I dislike. I guess I’m just a “swooshketeer” then, beholden to “Fire” designs and all the funky trends. 

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

In general I see your point. But this topic is not, in my view, a good example of it. It's hard for me to see wanting the Patriots in white helmets and red jerseys as anything but nostalgia for old days. In this case the old days were the Patriots being a constant laughingstock and their stadium being an overgrown high school field with regular sewage issues. The Brady-era had flaws and was of its time, true, but they won six titles with it, and if that still doesn't allow you to establish something like a baseline look, what does?

In other words, people are disagreeing with your opinion and you don't like that very much. Believe me, I know the feeling. B)

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, Sport said:

Each piece of the uniform looks like it was designed by a different person who had no contact with the other designers. I hate this.

including the 2002 Houston Texans uniform designers. 

Sorry...I still can't get over the pants are full-time now. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

- The New number font is subtler and looks way classier

- Love the shoulder stripes, as opposed to the silver and blue pieces of fabric on the shoulders.

- Love the look of the road set with the white jersey and blue pants.

- Bye bye side panels

Dislike

- Monochrome on the home set, get some grey or white pants going

- I wish the striping on the pants was consistent with the shoulder stripes on the home set.

- I wish the logo wasn't underneath the wordmark above the front numbers.

48 minutes ago, Unwind said:

Fixed the pants. How difficult was this? (Quick Photoshop using a trackpad, excuse the relative messiness.)

spacer.png

Agreed. That’s the biggest issue with the home uni is the mono color. It always looked terrible on Thurs night, and now it’ll look terrible 8x a year.

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

Not me. I generally see it as being pretty one-sided. 

Well, you're wrong...in my opinion. B)

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

Sure, but it’s just an aspect of CCSLC culture I dislike.

There are aspects of the CCSLC culture that I don't like. The difference between us, I suppose, is I'm not interested in screaming at the ocean. Especially when I'm wrong. B) 

BB52Big.jpg

52 minutes ago, canzman said:

Not from anything I have seen. No Color Rush, throwback or Alternate will be released in 2020.

Guarantee you the hoodie hates the very existence of alternates. 

52 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How many fans are like "ah yes, a nod to the Drew Bledsoe socks"?

Admittedly, I’m not a Pats fan, but I see pretty much any sock striping on any team as a good thing. 

Archived