Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Bill doesn't strike me as a guy who thinks much about the uniforms. 

I mean, he has his tastes, he just doesn't discuss them publicly. There is NO coach or player anywhere who doesn't care at least a little bit. That said, I don't think this was done for stylistic reasons, but for psychological ones. No more Brady=new era of Patriots football, and he wanted a new look to cement that in everyone's minds. Just my guess.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

I’m glad that the CR stripes are incorrect. The stripes matching the stripes on the jersey definitely helps tie it in together. The old stripes definitely only went for the old away jersey so going to simpler stripes going forward is a plus

now where’s that silver set....

Same here. If these really are the changes and the stripes match, the grade moves up to a B. Throw in silver pants and it goes up to an A-.

23 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I am curious if these uniforms would be well-received today. Like if they were a brand new design with no historical ties. I imagine the pants stripes would be considered gimmicky, the numbers would notably lack cohesiveness, etc.

I would love the pant stripe then I would coordinate on the jersey somehow but I would change the numbers as I do not like the red numbers on the blue jersey.

What's the freakin' point of these uniform unveilings?

The NFL is leaning towards every team have a mono white set and a mono black or navy set. 

Done.

Only the helmets will really distinguish one team from the next. It will be kind of like the last set of MLB Players' Weekend unis *shudder* 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Which red-white-red on the road are you taking about?

Actually that's my bad.  I must have seen a concept or just had a mix up in my mind and thought that the hoops on the white jersey were red-white-red, when in fact, they're R-B-R.

I think B-R-B would have looked better, but it's not a deal breaker.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, RedSox44 said:

James White posted a picture of himself in his new uniform, and the pants stripes ARE different

Thank goodness. But, the double outlined numeral ruins it. Should be blue only. And red stripes should never have blue between but that's a whole other issue (logo, USA flag, etc.)

56 minutes ago, Commish2 said:

Silver helmets are now out of place.  The should have made it white at this point.  The silver is now out of place.

Your bold and italic buttons are stuck.

Anyway, this wasn't an issue in the last set and I don't think it's an issue here, either. The previous white set was just as light on the silver color. You can certainly make an argument for silver pants on the home look, but it doesn't need to tie into the helmet.

spacer.png

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, ptaylor said:

What's the freakin' point of these uniform unveilings?

The NFL is leaning towards every team have a mono white set and a mono black or navy set. 

Done.

Only the helmets will really distinguish one team from the next. It will be kind of like the last set of MLB Players' Weekend unis *shudder* 

Mono-white or a white base has always been there for quite a while because it's neutral. Teams just broke up the uniforms with socks and add features to make them stand out the most.  I have no issues with mono-white unless it's just one big white onesie. 

1 minute ago, Est1980 said:

Mono-white or a white base has always been there for quite a while because it's neutral. Teams just broke up the uniforms with socks and add features to make them stand out the most.  I have no issues with mono-white unless it's just one big white onesie. 

That's what I'm referring to and I hate it- white socks with white uniforms and nothing to break it up (not even cleats) except for the helmet. 

16 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

I would love the pant stripe then I would coordinate on the jersey somehow but I would change the numbers as I do not like the red numbers on the blue jersey.

I also have a thing with shoulder/sleeve stripes matching as well. In order to this, they'd have to take a page from their 80s uniform and add an extra stripe to their pants. It would be: jersey color/white/color2/white/jersey color. 

5 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

These look 20x better in these Instagram shots.  Thank God they fixed the pant stripe!  They still need a Grey pant for Home and a White pant for Away.  Or at least a Grey pant that they could wear for both.  Navy pant needs to be Color Rush ONLY.

2 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

I surprisingly haven't seen anyone say "why would you change it if you won 6 super bowls in them" like I thought I was going to see. Other than the lack of silver/white pants I can't see how this is a downgrade

Pats seem to be the exception to the whole “don’t change the winning set” argument. 

XM4KeeA.png

Here's my Pros and Cons lost, since it seems like everybody else is.

PROS:

• Side Panels and Piping are dead
  • Socks have a stripe on them
  • Shoulder Stripes
  • Kept Flying Elvis and Navy Primaries
  • Traditional Pants (thank god that 5-hour dilemma was solved)

CONS:

• Monochrome for Color, Leotard on the White set
  • No Silver Pants
  • Logo on the Sleeve/Sleeve cap rather than TV Numbers
  • Lack of Secondary Sock option, wether it be Red, Silver, or White to pair with the Blue Pants

da0Lbhs.png

I'm coming around on the number font update, too.  Their previous font was dated.  Keeping the tri-color makes you think "Patriots" but it's a clean, traditional block font with maybe some minor changes that make it unique to NE.  This is getting better.  Just gotta have another pair of pants...

Archived