Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lateral move from the Brady uniforms, went from a generic late 90's/early 2000's design to a generic late 2010's design.  

spacer.png

This is still as good as the Patriots have ever looked, swap the weird number font with the new font and get rid of the sublimated stripes and you'd have an actually unique (in the NFL these days) and good design cooking

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

2 minutes ago, canzman said:

Broncos as well.

At this point, I have no complaints with the Cardinals and Broncos. It could always be worse.....

*Sees fleeting image of the red blood-clot unis and ANOTHER mono-navy set and passes out* 

Hey everyone! First time poster, long time reader. Love following these boards to see what everyone is thinking!

From a lifelong Patriots fan perspective:

If the pants that James White and Gilmore posted on Instagram are true, this is a MASSIVE upgrade over the total mess they’ve been wearing the last decade. When Nike took over and the jerseys got tighter and uniform elements got more crowded, their 2000s uniform became an outdated mess. This gets rid of the unnecessary piping, the side panels - FINALLY. I hated the way that panel of silver looked on the shoulders. I’ll gladly take these red/blue stripes on the shoulders that harken back to their 80s uniforms. Personally, I would love to see a white helmet with additional white pants OR silver helmet with additional silver pants - gotta think we’ll see them add silver pants soon.

Clearly the throwback reds are coming back if/when the NFL dissolves the one helmet rule. Hopefully by next year we’ll get to see Pat Patriot reds, Eagle kelly greens and the Creamsicle Bucs 🔥

But overall, if these Instagram photos of the pants are true? BIG upgrade. Not perfect but big upgrade!

1 minute ago, hawk36 said:

Simple design issues I can't believe were not addressed.

http://hovie.com/uni/PatsIssues.jpg

Agree - would've loved it if they had gone to just 1-color, White-on-Navy and Navy-on-White jersey numbers.  Somebody please mock this up.

The Red pops though and the Grey brings in the helmet color, which has become iconic in its own right in terms of the franchise's history.

17 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Does this officially mean the Cardinals are the only team left with '90s-era piping in their uniform? 

Bengals don't have piping, but are victims of that era's paneling and number fonts.

They're another team that just needs to switch to their Color Rush sets.  They could wear them as-is for Away, or add Orange into the Bengal stripes on their sleeves, as it is on their White pants.

Block number font.  

Black-on-Black at home with Orange Bengal stripes on sleeve caps & side pants only, Orange numbers.

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This is a legitimate question and isn’t meant to be snarky...

How is it that the Browns can return to a traditional look and its immediately loved, but the Patriots did it and its seemingly unanimously hated?

Is it just not what you were expecting or had hoped for?

The Patriots didn't do that though. 

Specifically this set's lack of silver or white pants and inconsistent striping widths across jerseys and pants kills what could otherwise be a really solid look. 

6 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I've seen some crazy takes on these boards and thinking that the all-white and black "color rush" uniforms are better than their regular roads is by far one of the craziest.

Hi. They are. 

At the very least, they're a good place to start from for an update. The 2004 uniforms have never worked. They were slightly improved by Nike in 2012, but they're stale and bad and tired and the color rush is new and clean and fresh. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I've seen some crazy takes on these boards and thinking that the all-white and black "color rush" uniforms are better than their regular roads is by far one of the craziest.

I stand by my take.  These are beautiful and a tremendous improvement over their current Away set:

london-uk-27-october-2019-bengals-running-back-giovani-bernard-25-is-tackled-by-rams-safety-eric-weddle-32-during-the-4th-qtr-of-the-nfl-match-cincinnati-bengals-v-los-angeles-rams-at-wembley-stadium-game-3-of-this-years-nfl-london-games-final-score-bengals-10-rams-24-credit-stephen-chung-alamy-live-news-2A6ME6A.jpg

all-white-2-1505426991.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.565xh;0,0.179xh&resize=900:*

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, that’s because of the “modern” touches (monochrome, no TV numbers, etc.). If it had silver pants and TV numbers, I’m sure the boards would be loving them.

So if they had elements that would make them better more people would like them? 😛

I don't hate these at all. They're "meh."

Not anywhere near the trash that the Jags, Bucs, and Browns' first Nike designs were. 

They're just ok jerseys held back by some weird choices like inconsistent pants striping and an insistence on home monochrome.

TV numbers I can take or leave but I do find it funny that the NFL got on the Browns' case about not having tv numbers on their alternates only for the Pats to go "lol" and just not have them at all anyway. 

I like the block numbers though. The old Pats' font wasn't bad per se, certainly one of the better custom fonts. Block is like a classic suit though. It's never going to look bad.  

6 hours ago, Digby said:

The culture on this board has a weird sort of over-correction where anything “flames emoji” is trash but any given team’s mid-80s look is considered its default best look. 

Exactly. As perfectly illustrated by the love the Bucs got by returning to their mid-80s look.

wait

5 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The Patriots didn't do that though. 

Specifically this set's lack of silver or white pants and inconsistent striping widths across jerseys and pants kills what could otherwise be a really solid look. 

So the stripes being used on the jersey and pants aren’t traditional? 

Obviously it’s lacking a needed second pair of pants, but that’s not holding it back from being an otherwise traditional look.

Archived