Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This set is basically a pair of silver or white pants and another sock option away from being great.  I'm just glad they got rid of the side panels and piping that made the previous set look really dated.  If they can introduce a white helmet with the proposed rule change, adding a red jersey would make this a great set.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Damn that red outline really pops on those pants. Should add both options with the white being used sparingly.

I agree on the need for both silver and white pants but IMHO both of those and the actual white jersey would look much better if the stripes were blue-red-blue rather than red-blue-red, especially since there isn’t going to be a red jersey in this set. The blue is the primary color for this set and swapping those stripes would emphasize it more.

2 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

If you don't count color rush, then you can include the Packers and Steelers with them

Are we including color rush? Packers have white color rush pants, or used to...

Steelers and Lions have two sets of pants, neither of which are white. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Massive upgrade for the Pats. The biggest issue is the lack of silver pants. Mono at home isn’t ideal at all, especially with that helmet. To their credit, however, the socks with the red blocking eliminates the full leotard.

I was also going to make a stink about the wide stripe on the pants, but apparently the team just had the wrong pants in the unveiling? So minus points for stupidity, but they will have the proper stripes if the players social media are to be trusted.

Well done.

This has me thinking. Many CR sets are just one contrast pant/sock away from being great. 

Dallas. Denver. Buffalo. Detroit. Minnesota. Rams. Chargers. Pittsburgh. TB. And now NE. All of them would benefit from not going mono every single time they wore their CR set.  For the foreseeable future, I think mono will be in for primary sets. 

This is from many years ago apparently

spacer.png

White pants. White helmet. I found this on Google images. Crazy how nice and basic that is. They really missed the mark today. 

2 minutes ago, ptaylor said:

Speaking of design elements, it appears the Falcons were presented too many uniform options while the Patriots did not have enough. 

I’m not so sure about that. It’s not that they didn’t have enough. I think the Patriots specifically picked a design they already had their hands on and rolled with it.

Archived