Wentz2Jeffery

Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

Yeah & his cocky, cool, & bad...

Greatest Intercontinental Champion of ALL TIME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Did someone say we'd be hearing an official announcement about new uniforms today? Or am I completely making that up?

 

Mike Reiss (Patriots beat reporter) said new Pats unis would be revealed over the next couple of months...but really, they should do it as early as possible so we can see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bootscallahan said:

This was my entry in the Uni Watch contest. The logo is basically an undead Tom Brady wearing the Pat Patriot hat. 

spacer.png

Put the Flying Elvis logo on the uniform and you have a great looking set. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cujo said:

What the Patriots will do

jarrett_stidham_color_rush.jpg

 

What I *want* the Patriots to do 😏

853f84c4_original.png?1290196420

Merika!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Anyone think Brady saw the uniforms and said “I’m out!”?

So he went to the team with the worst uniforms in the league to be photoshopped into... I don’t care if they are changing if it means having to see him in those abominations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 1:06 AM, j'villejags said:

 

The backwards helmet decals were a nice touch. 

 

Which makes it the obvious choice for next season 😉👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pats fan Fitzy on the radio today again mentions a version of color rush navy and color rush white version is what’s he’s still hearing. The pro shop people basically said the same only it will be a mix and match option, not all navy and all white exclusively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Pats fan Fitzy on the radio today again mentions a version of color rush navy and color rush white version is what’s he’s still hearing. The pro shop people basically said the same only it will be a mix and match option, not all navy and all white exclusively. 

That's pretty much what I expected. As I pats fan, I'm looking forward to a change, despite only having ever seen the current set being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a red alternate please 🥺

 

But honestly that's a-okay with me. Simple, classy, a good compromise between past (style) and present (colors/logo)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd do something more red-centric than blue. There are too many Red-White-Blue teams in the NFL that already are more on the blue side of that equation. 

 

Giants, Bills, Texans, and Titans (kinda) are all blue-first. And if you drop the red accents you also get the Colts, Lions, Rams and Cowboys. 

 

By comparison, the only red-heavy teams are the 49ers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Falcons, Buccs, Redskins. And NONE of them use Blue. 

 

Being THE Red-Blue team in the NFL gives the Pats a chance to stand out in a crowded field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I wish they'd do something more red-centric than blue. There are too many Red-White-Blue teams in the NFL that already are more on the blue side of that equation. 

 

Giants, Bills, Texans, and Titans (kinda) are all blue-first. And if you drop the red accents you also get the Colts, Lions, Rams and Cowboys. 

 

By comparison, the only red-heavy teams are the 49ers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Falcons, Buccs, Redskins. And NONE of them use Blue. 

 

Being THE Red-Blue team in the NFL gives the Pats a chance to stand out in a crowded field. 

I’ve always been of the opinion that of the red-blue teams, the Texans should be the ones to go red-heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I’ve always been of the opinion that of the red-blue teams, the Texans should be the ones to go red-heavy.

Agreed, it would also help differentiate them from their in state rival cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why anyone would expect any sort of radical changes, for the reasons discussed prior; everything about the modern Patriots, down to the jersey typeface, has become embedded in the regional sporting culture, which is remarkable considering the other timeless looks for Boston-area teams got 50+ year head starts. Much like the Bruins I think they're locked into marginal tweaks, at best, and anything beyond maybe a slightly-updated logo package and a white version of the Color Rush jersey would surprise me. Knowing what we know about the long lead times in NFL branding, it's wild that the current jerseys will almost perfectly fit into the Brady era start-to-finish. (Also wild that the Brady era went from 9/11 to a devastating pandemic, if you need more evidence that the TB12 method is in fact a deal with Satan.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Digby said:

Not sure why anyone would expect any sort of radical changes, for the reasons discussed prior; everything about the modern Patriots, down to the jersey typeface, has become embedded in the regional sporting culture, which is remarkable considering the other timeless looks for Boston-area teams got 50+ year head starts. Much like the Bruins I think they're locked into marginal tweaks, at best, and anything beyond maybe a slightly-updated logo package and a white version of the Color Rush jersey would surprise me. Knowing what we know about the long lead times in NFL branding, it's wild that the current jerseys will almost perfectly fit into the Brady era start-to-finish. (Also wild that the Brady era went from 9/11 to a devastating pandemic, if you need more evidence that the TB12 method is in fact a deal with Satan.)

I absolutely agree. Six Super Bowl wins took the Patriots from a team I bet a lot of people were barely even aware of to one of the most popular teams in the league. Those uniforms, like them or not, are the definitive Patriots look now and always. They'll do a tweak here and there but flying Elvis is here to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I absolutely agree. Six Super Bowl wins took the Patriots from a team I bet a lot of people were barely even aware of to one of the most popular teams in the league. Those uniforms, like them or not, are the definitive Patriots look now and always. They'll do a tweak here and there but flying Elvis is here to stay.

 

Gonna need you to cite some sources on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Gonna need you to cite some sources on that.

You could also ask for citation on this "a lot of people were barely even aware of".
They're a freaking NFL team. That statement is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.