Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, the admiral said:

I took Aborted Flag Man a couple more steps toward Flying Elvis and I like it:

g02kvwu.jpg

This one never did it for me - I think the current Elvis is far superior.  I think it's mostly the shape of the flag.  I think it's supposed to look like how it does when it's slightly folded on top, which is natural for a flag that's on a pole, but if that's the case then it's not obvious enough, so it just looks like a poorly drawn shape.  It could be saved by adding some lines that indicate where it folds over itself, or by taking artistic liberty and just stylize it so it's a little less realistic but more "logo like" - maybe a wave that curves slightly up on the back, and has a straight left side - whether literally vertical, or angled, but doesn't bow out like the one here.

I also think it's too wide, which is also something wrong with the current Elvis.  

I might consider the following - I wish I knew quick ways to edit and re-upload, but the best I'd be able to do is a scan of a pencil/paper.

1) the red stripe under his chin - start it closer to his chin, and let it get wider at the end. It might make sort of a cape effect, but that's OK.

2) end the bottom red stripe right where it starts to curve in that logo.

3) draw a line that goes slightly north west, ends at a level slightly below the current high-point of the red, and then goes into the hat just like it does here.

4) so the end result would be a logo that's kindasorta shaped like this: \O/

5) now here's where it gets weird - for the helmet, put the head where it would go if it was a stand alone logo, then extend the bottom red stripe - the one we made look like a cape - all the way to the back, terminating at the rear bumper. Then draw a line north east, and somehow make the other red stripes terminate at that imaginary line - so they wouldn't go all the way to the back, but would still look natural.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This one never did it for me - I think the current Elvis is far superior.  I think it's mostly the shape of the flag.  I think it's supposed to look like how it does when it's slightly folded on top, which is natural for a flag that's on a pole, but if that's the case then it's not obvious enough, so it just looks like a poorly drawn shape.  It could be saved by adding some lines that indicate where it folds over itself, or by taking artistic liberty and just stylize it so it's a little less realistic but more "logo like" - maybe a wave that curves slightly up on the back, and has a straight left side - whether literally vertical, or angled, but doesn't bow out like the one here.

You've hit on it.

I think I understand what they're going for, but the drawing is really crude.  They should have done something more like this:

Ildx2iv.jpg

Smooth, graceful, folding back on itself.  That's how you get a rippling feel from a relatively simple graphic.

And here's the link so you can read the whole article without having to go through Twitter.

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/30/exclusive-pats-considered-silver-grey-pants-in-new-uni-set/

EetDN5ET-3.jpg

Don't care about the TV numbers, though, logo is better there.  And I would prefer that they echo the shoulder stripes, but even using r/b/r this would instantly be one of the best uniforms in football. 

Well I was optimistic that gray (this is Nike, they will not be silver) pants would be introduced sometime this upcoming season. With that alone, I was willing to give them an average grade. I'm not sure if this is even an upgrade anymore. Maybe the gray pants will come sometime down the road.

55 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And here's the link so you can read the whole article without having to go through Twitter.

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/30/exclusive-pats-considered-silver-grey-pants-in-new-uni-set/

EetDN5ET-3.jpg

Don't care about the TV numbers, though, logo is better there.  And I would prefer that they echo the shoulder stripes, but even using r/b/r this would instantly be one of the best uniforms in football. 

The Grey pants are absolutely needed.  I don't care about the TV numbers, but we've gotta have those Grey pants.

Just now, hugevolsfan said:

Its a great look with grey pants. I would wear them for both home & away & only pull the blue out a couple of times a year if it wear me. Oh what might have been!

Eh, I think blue on the road is far better. I’d like to see someone do a mock-up of what an alternate white pants would look like.

I'm surprised by how much I like the shoulder numbers, looks like a classic look. I’m good for either that or the flying Elvis, both are nice.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, Gothamite said:

I don't mind a hat-on-a-hat; doesn't bother me with the Orioles' logo. I'm still hoping for a Brewers Barrelman alternate, and he wears a cap too.

May be an unpopular opinion, but I still think that Patriots' tricorner logo was the best one they've ever worn.

xb8jqrbqtsmlfvqsvdv2.jpg

It was even better without the numbers.

h33V6me.jpg

Good grief this helmet logo is God-awful. From a distance it looks like it's trying to be the Batman logo without the oval around it. That or a stretched out Colts horseshoe with bat wings attached to it.

With that said, Flying Patriot Elvis Sperm is even worse. It's always been a horrible logo.

8 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

With that said, Flying Patriot Elvis Sperm is even worse. It's always been a horrible logo.

If your sperm looks like the Patriots logo, you should see a doctor.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

What do people not like about flying Elvis? Is there a design flaw? I love it, maybe I’ve just grown up with it and the dynasty began when I was a kid started watching it. I like Pat Patriot better but flying Elvis is great in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Froob said:

What do people not like about flying Elvis? Is there a design flaw? I love it, maybe I’ve just grown up with it and the dynasty began when I was a kid started watching it. I like Pat Patriot better but flying Elvis is great in my opinion.

Besides my comment above, Flying Elvis is a good logo for a Massachusetts Insurance company. Not a football helmet.

Archived