Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

14 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Besides my comment above, Flying Elvis is a good logo for a Massachusetts Insurance company. Not a football helmet.

It's a great logo for a football helmet! 

NE_Patriots_Speed_Authentic_1200x1200.jp191210_gma_smith3_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

dynamic, chargers forward, fits the space. It's one of the only places where the logo works. 

It's a bad logo for anything else. 

71kiyGLom6L._AC_SX679._SX._UX._SY._UY_.j

unbalanced, very horizontal, leaves a lot of empty space on the left side, and difficult to visually center. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sport said:

dynamic, chargers forward, fits the space. It's one of the only places where the logo works. 

unbalanced, very horizontal, leaves a lot of empty space on the left side, and difficult to visually center. 

Good charging forward logos? Lions, Bills, and *maybe* the Seahawks.

Patriots not so much. It's more arching than charging.

I stand by what I said about Flying Elvis. Captain America Sperm that should be the logo of a Massachusetts insurance company. Not on a football helmet.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And here's the link so you can read the whole article without having to go through Twitter.

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/30/exclusive-pats-considered-silver-grey-pants-in-new-uni-set/

EetDN5ET-3.jpg

Don't care about the TV numbers, though, logo is better there.  And I would prefer that they echo the shoulder stripes, but even using r/b/r this would instantly be one of the best uniforms in football. 

Yeah, exactly. It's frustrating they were so very close and then blue it with those blue pants. If they have just gone grey pants only they absolutely would have been a top look in the NFL.

When your uniform design is so simple, you need to get the simple details right. The Pats seem to have willfully not.

I expect those exact grey pants to come in and replace the blue at some point; they're just too perfect to not be used.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Good charging forward logos? Lions, Bills, and *maybe* the Seahawks.

Patriots not so much. It's more arching than charging.

I stand by what I said about Flying Elvis. Captain America Sperm that should be the logo of a Massachusetts insurance company. Not on a football helmet.

I stand by what I said about Flying Elvis. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Literally none of these look like the Patriots logo.

INS-Companies.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

6 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Literally none of these look like the Patriots logo.

INS-Companies.jpg

When did I say it specifically looks like anything already out there?

Point is, it generally looks like the same bland, boring, trying to be stylized :censored: that corporations put out there. 

It may just be wishful thinking, but seeing that logo sheet with the gray pants gives me hope that gray pants will eventually show up. Obviously, Seattle and New Orleans are both fully committed to wearing their ugliest possible combinations, and I absolutely expect Atlanta to go all in on the dopey all-black look, but New England has a ton of equity built up in the navy over gray look. Maybe with a bit of a fan push, the gray pants get worked in.

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

I notice that tends to be a go-to criticism for people who can’t really explain why they don’t like a logo. 

Yep. "Generic," "clip art" "Insurance/Cruise line" "Madden Create-a-team" "high school" logos are all classic go-to descriptions.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Eh, I think blue on the road is far better. I’d like to see someone do a mock-up of what an alternate white pants would look like.

I'm surprised by how much I like the shoulder numbers, looks like a classic look. I’m good for either that or the flying Elvis, both are nice.

Somebody posted a mock up of white pants on here. Here’s how it would look. spacer.png

38 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

When did I say it specifically looks like anything already out there?

Point is, it generally looks like the same bland, boring, trying to be stylized :censored: that corporations put out there. 

Next you’ll be saying it looks like clip-art I bet

why do so many people keep clamoring for this silver-helmeted team to wear white pants? I'd rather they wear blue pants with the blue jersey than white pants with the blue jersey. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, Sport said:

why do so many people keep clamoring for this silver-helmeted team to wear white pants? I'd rather they wear blue pants with the blue jersey than white pants with the blue jersey. 

Hard agree.

Even the silver pants look weird to me, with the jersey no longer having meaningful silver elements. The all-navy is fine!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Hard agree.

Even the silver pants look weird to me, with the jersey no longer having meaningful silver elements. The all-navy is fine!

Nope. Not with the grey helmet. Not even a little bit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

58 minutes ago, Jdmorris1124 said:

Somebody posted a mock up of white pants on here. Here’s how it would look. spacer.png

Ooo. I’d like to see navy over silver 5x, navy on navy twice and navy over white once. Then white over navy 6x, and white over white 2x.

I remember when it was first introduced that the logo seemed to be ridiculed by everyone.  It replaced what was considered a beloved logo (I still don't get why and I friggan live here) and it was a very radical change.  I even recall one of the news channels (I think WBZ?) was reporting on the change and discussing the change and how dramatic of a shift it was, and then they brought up a graphic about "if this is the change from the well loved Pat Patriot, maybe the Celtics aren't too far behind?" and the graphic showed the new logo but with a shamrock instead of a star.

It's always been mocked and ridiculed and compared to all sorts of nonsense.  The name "Flying Elvis" was born from this due to the excessive sideburns on the logo.  I personally see it as an unofficial nickname for the team now.  One of those Athletics-White Elephants jabs that has been embraced. Maybe not officially by the team but I see it as endearing at this point.

As far as the blanket criticism, I have never seen any sort of insurance company with a dynamic logo like that.  And as said, if your sperm resembles that shape, see a doctor.

If you don't like the logo, just say it.  "I don't like the logo.  It doesn't look good to me.  I can't exactly express why but it's just not visually appealing to me".  Makes more sense than broad allusions that don't make any sense.  Hell in 1993 people were 100% upfront that they didn't like it because it was so different from what they were used to.  Not that hard to just admit you don't like something.

White pants should never ever ever be worn with a silver or gold helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived