Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

50 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Now that TV numbers aren't required, the sleeve stripe should run vertically from neck to cuff, like the old Astros rainbow-racing stripe (the version right after tequila sunrise.)

I'd like to see a Lions jersey with that set up based on this logo:

472.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

I'd like to see a Lions jersey with that set up based on this logo:

472.gif

@OhioSportsMan61 did a concept based on that in his NFL thread. 

fOWQdtH.png

eDsKbTq.jpg

He also permanently trimmed down the Steelers sleeve stripes in another concept.

w0SrtMn.png

VEUr52b.jpg

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

With TV numbers, the vertical stripes are just as bad and useless as the horizontal ones.  Run it the whole way up the sleeve.

Regarding the Steelers... while there's several ways to improve their look... 3d/beveled numbers ain't one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

With TV numbers, the vertical stripes are just as bad and useless as the horizontal ones.  Run it the whole way up the sleeve.

Regarding the Steelers... while there's several ways to improve their look... 3d/beveled numbers ain't one.

I’m still waiting for them to have Yellow, Blue, and Red shoulder stripes 

2 hours ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

I’m still waiting for them to have Yellow, Blue, and Red shoulder stripes

Oh no, why? The steel logo on the helmets should always be the only place on the uniforms blue and red should EVER appear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:34 PM, Punchy_Gungus said:

@OhioSportsMan61 did a concept based on that in his NFL thread. 

He also permanently trimmed down the Steelers sleeve stripes in another concept.

w0SrtMn.png

VEUr52b.jpg

The Steelers are my team so this concept gets not just a "no" from me but an emphatic HELL NO. Especially to those awful white pants. The Steelers uniforms are in a handful of teams that have iconic status and therefore shouldn't be touched (Raiders, Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Chiefs are 49ers are all in that iconic class).

15 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Steelers are my team so this concept gets not just a "no" from me but an emphatic HELL NO. Especially to those awful white pants. The Steelers uniforms are in a handful of teams that have iconic status and therefore shouldn't be touched (Raiders, Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Chiefs are 49ers are all in that iconic class).

Wasn't this uniform a throwback?spacer.png

3 hours ago, Olmec said:

Wasn't this uniform a throwback?spacer.png

For the most part, but not exact. They wore those in the early '60s along with a gray facemask and the logo had "Steel" not "Steelers." As a throwback, I guess those are fine. It's not a throwback to an era of success, that's for certain. In general, I abhor white pants in the NFL. There are a few exceptions. I'm not a fan of the yellow helmet, either. I'm not averse to those uniforms worn once or twice per year if the NFL lifts the one-helmet policy but the current home and away sets are perfection and shouldn't be messed with.

The Steelers color rash uniforms seem to have many fans, but I don't include myself in that list. I don't care for those uniforms.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, GriffinM6 said:

I loved these uniforms. Easily my favorite alternates the Steelers have worn in my lifetime. 

Their color rush is the best one they have to me. Pair their color rush set, with that yellow helmet, and you've got a beauty.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, Punchy_Gungus said:

w0SrtMn.png

VEUr52b.jpg

You know, strangely enough, I don't hate the font, save for the beveling. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is it better than what they currently wear?

No but it’s a fun alt. I don’t really like the argument that you should wear your best uniform every game. It’s fun to switch it up.

Most people don’t wear the same outfit every day or eat the same meal every day because it’s their favorite/best.

2 hours ago, Froob said:

No but it’s a fun alt. I don’t really like the argument that you should wear your best uniform every game. It’s fun to switch it up.

Most people don’t wear the same outfit every day or eat the same meal every day because it’s their favorite/best.

Agreed. Some alt uniforms make for a better color matchup. IMO Broncos at home in their alt blue uniforms vs Chiefs in white jersey/red pants is a more visually pleasing matchup than Broncos in orange vs Chiefs in red pants, for example, even though the Broncos best look of their current set is orange jersey/white pants.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, Brass said:

No matter what type of uniform change we see from the Patriots, this beauty will forever be my white whale of sports merchandise.

s-l400.jpg

Can you imagine the amount of dickriding ESPN would've done had THIS happened?

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, Froob said:

I can't wear the same clothes every day because I can't (won't) wash them every night. If you don't understand how lousy that argument is, I can't help. But...

Football teams play 16 games per year, at least 4 days apart. Why they should ever NOT look their best is beyond me. "Fun" alt? I don't get what is "fun" about a uniform. If having fun uniforms were an important thing, then McDonald's would have cashed in on them years ago.

Look your best.

It's where I sit.

Archived