Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

I've never known anyone that doesn't consider Vermont & Rhode Island as part of New England. 

As far as Connecticut, Hartford is basically the cutoff between New England & New York. 

I am going to complicate this even more.  I think it is a fair argument that once you get out about half-way into Suffolk County on Long Island, it is more New England than New York.  Brookhaven Township and points east (North and South Fork) with their whaling villages, vineyards, fishing, and even the Hamptons are essentially Cape Cod and a somewhat less-exclusive Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.   Not that anyone there would root for the Patriots, but culturally it is far closer to CT or RI than it is to Queens or North Jersey.   I suspect the same could be said as you head up the Hudson pasty Yonkers.   There is not a lot of difference between VT and Northern NY State. 

4 hours ago, WideRight said:

I am going to complicate this even more.  I think it is a fair argument that once you get out about half-way into Suffolk County on Long Island, it is more New England than New York.  Brookhaven Township and points east (North and South Fork) with their whaling villages, vineyards, fishing, and even the Hamptons are essentially Cape Cod and a somewhat less-exclusive Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.   Not that anyone there would root for the Patriots, but culturally it is far closer to CT or RI than it is to Queens or North Jersey.   I suspect the same could be said as you head up the Hudson pasty Yonkers.   There is not a lot of difference between VT and Northern NY State. 

Bringing this back to sports, once upon a time, Vermont was purely New York Giants + Montreal Canadiens country. Though I don't think those allegiances have been fully subsumed by the Boston teams yet.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cam-newton-new-england-patriots-nike-alternate-game-jersey-red/o-2427+t-81042585+p-14426331321+z-9-2634360534?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

ff_3878103-a822f20cfb2aceac0c50alt1_full

This is being sold as an "Alternate Game Jersey".  Do they still sell team-specific fashion jerseys like they used to back in the Reebok era?  Is the fact that it's labeled as "game" anything of significance?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cam-newton-new-england-patriots-nike-alternate-game-jersey-red/o-2427+t-81042585+p-14426331321+z-9-2634360534?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

ff_3878103-a822f20cfb2aceac0c50alt1_full

This is being sold as an "Alternate Game Jersey".  Do they still sell team-specific fashion jerseys like they used to back in the Reebok era?  Is the fact that it's labeled as "game" anything of significance?

Nope, not at all. It’s just the 80’s throwbacks that they used to wear. Some teams still sell the Throwbacks, despite the one-helmet rule not allowing them to be worn on the field. And the “Game” part means nothing. It’s just Nikespeak for Replica. For Nike’s NFL Jerseys, here are the names corresponding to their Reebok counterparts

Game=Replica

Limited=Premier

Elite=Authentic

Even so, the Nike games are much higher quality than the Reebok Replicas. The NFL Pro Line jerseys are the exact same materials as the Reebok Replicas.

da0Lbhs.png

22 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Nope, not at all. It’s just the 80’s throwbacks that they used to wear. Some teams still sell the Throwbacks, despite the one-helmet rule not allowing them to be worn on the field. And the “Game” part means nothing. It’s just Nikespeak for Replica. For Nike’s NFL Jerseys, here are the names corresponding to their Reebok counterparts

Game=Replica

Limited=Premier

Elite=Authentic

Even so, the Nike games are much higher quality than the Reebok Replicas. The NFL Pro Line jerseys are the exact same materials as the Reebok Replicas.

This.

i used to work in a sports apparel store, and I’ve now purchased Nike NBA, NFL & MLB. They’re all great quality for a “replica”. Compared to Adidas, Majestic & Reebok its not even close. I’ve not seen a Fanatics branded in person but from what is said on here I’m not missing much. Glad my first hockey jersey was a eBay KOHO sundin!

• 3 weeks later...

The Patriots have just posted a bunch of player photos on their Instagram and the numbers appear to be the unique modified block they used in their previous set as opposed to the more standard block that appeared in the mock ups. 

Looks more 'Patriots' to me. I prefer it. 

Compared to this on the release of the new unis 

2 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

The Patriots have just posted a bunch of player photos on their Instagram and the numbers appear to be the unique modified block they used in their previous set as opposed to the more standard block that appeared in the mock ups. 

I’m not sure what’s going on with the number font. If you swipe to the second to last picture in that Instagram post, you’ll see a picture with a player wearing a jersey with the font that was on the jerseys they revealed in April.

And the Patriots twitter account tweeted  this 77 image  photo gallery on the Patriots website earlier today. If you click all the way through it you’ll see a mixture of pictures of players wearing jerseys  with the font revealed in April and pictures of players wearing jerseys with the font from the old uniforms. 

https://www.patriots.com/photos/photos-first-look-at-patriots-in-new-uniforms-presented-by-paycom

#numberfontgate

49 minutes ago, patsox said:

I’m not sure what’s going on with the number font. If you swipe to the second to last picture in that Instagram post, you’ll see a picture with a player wearing a jersey with the font that was on the jerseys they revealed in April.

And the Patriots twitter account tweeted  this 77 image  photo gallery on the Patriots website earlier today. If you click all the way through it you’ll see a mixture of pictures of players wearing jerseys  with the font revealed in April and pictures of players wearing jerseys with the font from the old uniforms. 

https://www.patriots.com/photos/photos-first-look-at-patriots-in-new-uniforms-presented-by-paycom

#numberfontgate

What a mess, heh. I figured maybe it was just returning players wearing last year's jersey but Cam Newton has the old font too.

2 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

Whoa.  Huge downgrade - that was one of the best parts of the new uniforms. 

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Some of those Patriots photos are the Color Rush sets with the old font. You can tell because there are a few mixed in with the clearly more block font. There’s a mix of font styles in those photos.

1 hour ago, patsox said:

#numberfontgate

Ah, I hadn't noticed the more standard block mixed in there. 

Very strange at this point of the process to have 2 different fonts. Who knows what we'll see on the field?

2 hours ago, patsox said:

#numberfontgate

This is so surprising. Mostly because of how it managed to slip through, but also how they seemingly thought nobody would notice. Although I probably prefer the old font, the fact that they even have a new one makes it seem like they'll still roll with that. Looking at the rest of the new number set though, it still does look a bit distinctly "Patriots," almost like it is just a thickened version of the old font. That makes me not quite as sad to see the old font go. I guess we'll see which font they go with when/if they actually hit the field.

Archived