Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

On 9/15/2020 at 12:18 PM, fouhy12 said:

However, they should also have grey pants to have a second option, and they should have a pair of white striped socks to wear on the road to stop that uniform from being so bottom-heavy. 

Especially if they have to visit Miami, Jacksonville, Tennesse, or even Buffalo when it's hot.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let New England keep the silver. If nothing else, it's their way if distinguishing themselves from the other red-and-[royal and/or navy] blue teams in the league. 

On 9/15/2020 at 8:09 AM, gosioux76 said:

I say this knowing next to nothing about how NFL teams manage their laundry or branding, but could it be possible that Bob Kraft is just being thrifty or waste-averse? Since these are just Color Rush unis promoted to regular wear, is it feasible that they just still have a boatload of old numbers or last year's jerseys to burn through? 

If this is a ridiculous suggestion, I'll hand in my uniform critic card on my way out the door.  

@andrewharrington (who knows far more than I or most of us about this stuff) pretty much suggested the same thing in another thread on the SiG forum, so there is that...

On 9/15/2020 at 3:22 PM, Digby said:

I'm still just so put off by the new typeface situation. There are benefits and drawbacks to both generic block and their very Y2K established typeface. This tweaked version is just the worst of all the worlds, to me. Looks like the team took the field wearing the cheapo no-brand jerseys from Target instead of the authentic stuff.

I've taken to calling that particular font "Brady Block".

And from here on,  let it be formally established that the 2001-2019 Patriots font, by the power vested in Buc, will heretofore be referenced as "Brady Block".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 12:49 PM, monkeypower said:

I said this a few times on the boards before, I don't think silver/grey is a neutral jersey colour in football like it is in baseball. Silver is a colour unto itself in football, not a swap for white.

It looks out of place here on the Pats and I've always thought it looked bad on the Panthers.

You're right - it's its own color, which is why the Patriots should wear silver pants with their white jerseys.

Navy/red/silver is a perfectly fine color scheme, and looks good on the Pats.

52 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

You're right - it's its own color, which is why the Patriots should wear silver pants with their white jerseys.

Navy/red/silver is a perfectly fine color scheme, and looks good on the Pats.

Agreed.  If the Patriots made a decision that they only wanted to have one pair of pants, they picked the wrong color. The white jersey over gray pants would look  immeasurably better than the navy jersey over navy pants does.

After watching some of the game last night, I'd say the Patriots uniforms have grown on me since they've been unveiled. I might even say I like the current number font a little bit more than the old one now. It seems evident they were trying to match the wordmark on the front of the jersey, which I like. 

This also seems like it might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer the red/navy/red striping on the away, as opposed to the other way around. It helps tie in to the red facemask and the red-heavy stripes on the pants.

I do agree though that silver pants for this set should have been a no-brainer. They would have looked really good last night especially. 

I get the argument for silver pants for the Patriots' home jersey, but I don't see the need on the away. They made white-over-navy their look in the Brady era and it was fine. My gripe with them now, if anything, is that the silver layer of number outlining looks more out of place than it used to.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I get the argument for silver pants for the Patriots' home jersey, but I don't see the need on the away. They made white-over-navy their look in the Brady era and it was fine. My gripe with them now, if anything, is that the silver layer of number outlining looks more out of place than it used to.

Would you be amenable to white socks with the red/navy/red stripes, paired with the navy pants? I think that would take care of the navy heavy road look for the Pats.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

10 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

Would you be amenable to white socks with the red/navy/red stripes, paired with the navy pants? I think that would take care of the navy heavy road look for the Pats.

Striped socks would take care of MANY pants issues or even whole uniforms at that.

2 hours ago, logo-maker said:

That makes sense to me, and might even work on the homes as well. I'm not sure what's up with the socks on this set; there's enough white that it doesn't quite activate the leotard look with the navy pants, but there's not enough for the design to look properly balanced.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 1 month later...

Numbers don’t match anything else. Should be navy with thick red outline. Either that or change the shoulder hoops. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

59 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Pats really need to switch the coloring on the shoulder stripes. The red on the outside sticks out like a sore thumb. 

The problem is, blue doesn't look much better. 

nukwl5cm54g01.jpg

What they really need to do, is to put a white stripe between the red and blue, like on Bledsoe's hand warmer.

147038e109533c8161d8b5c428bd36a9.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

25 minutes ago, nash61 said:

What they really need to do, is to put a white stripe between the red and blue, like on Bledsoe's hand warmer.

147038e109533c8161d8b5c428bd36a9.jpg

If my memory serves me right, it’s only like that because it was a holdover from Pat Patriot. If you look closely on the Elvis you can see the outline of the patch/decal that was used to cover up Pat

Archived