Wentz2Jeffery

Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

On 9/15/2020 at 12:18 PM, fouhy12 said:

However, they should also have grey pants to have a second option, and they should have a pair of white striped socks to wear on the road to stop that uniform from being so bottom-heavy. 

Especially if they have to visit Miami, Jacksonville, Tennesse, or even Buffalo when it's hot.

Let New England keep the silver. If nothing else, it's their way if distinguishing themselves from the other red-and-[royal and/or navy] blue teams in the league. 

On 9/15/2020 at 8:09 AM, gosioux76 said:

I say this knowing next to nothing about how NFL teams manage their laundry or branding, but could it be possible that Bob Kraft is just being thrifty or waste-averse? Since these are just Color Rush unis promoted to regular wear, is it feasible that they just still have a boatload of old numbers or last year's jerseys to burn through? 

If this is a ridiculous suggestion, I'll hand in my uniform critic card on my way out the door.  

@andrewharrington (who knows far more than I or most of us about this stuff) pretty much suggested the same thing in another thread on the SiG forum, so there is that...

On 9/15/2020 at 3:22 PM, Digby said:

I'm still just so put off by the new typeface situation. There are benefits and drawbacks to both generic block and their very Y2K established typeface. This tweaked version is just the worst of all the worlds, to me. Looks like the team took the field wearing the cheapo no-brand jerseys from Target instead of the authentic stuff.

I've taken to calling that particular font "Brady Block".

And from here on,  let it be formally established that the 2001-2019 Patriots font, by the power vested in Buc, will heretofore be referenced as "Brady Block".