Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

19 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

I like the Pats new uniforms. Gray and white pants would be a nice option to have, along with a red jersey too. On the white away jersey I don't like the red/blue/red stripes, I would of liked to see red/white/red to match the pant stripes.

Blue/red/blue, anyone?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2020 at 12:57 AM, nash61 said:

The problem is, blue doesn't look much better. 

nukwl5cm54g01.jpg

What they really need to do, is to put a white stripe between the red and blue, like on Bledsoe's hand warmer.

147038e109533c8161d8b5c428bd36a9.jpg

Or, to toot my own horn a bit, it could be a silver stripe in the middle to match the numbers.

cE8hnFd.png

The more I see it, solid navy numbers would have been the way to go (solid white at home.)  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

The more I see it, solid navy numbers would have been the way to go (solid white at home.)  

I'm starting to think that too. The double outline works well on the navy jersey where it's less noticeable, but on the white jersey it sticks out and clutters everything up. A single red outline would work just as well. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to apply both silver and white into a color scheme well, especially when it's the third or fourth color.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I'm starting to think that too. The double outline works well on the navy jersey where it's less noticeable, but on the white jersey it sticks out and clutters everything up. A single red outline would work just as well. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to apply both silver and white into a color scheme well, especially when it's the third or fourth color.

Agreed. I've heard the idea that the jersey ought to match the logo, with identical red/white/red stripes home and away with no outline on numbers, corresponding to the star

fiowXOD.png

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Given all the other subtle changes they made to the type on the jerseys, I don't understand why they kept the number outline scheme. It didn't look good on the old jerseys and it's even worse now. Solid numbers would work, maybe a red outline on both jerseys, definitely not the silver extra-outline.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

In a vacuum I think the Pats would look better without silver... but since three other teams wear a med-dark blue and red (Giants, Bills, Texans) I think the silver helps them stand out. Now they could go with red as the primary instead but since the real “Patriots” were fighting the redcoats... eh, maybe not a good look. I’m ok with red as an alt. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

23 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

In a vacuum I think the Pats would look better without silver... but since three other teams wear a med-dark blue and red (Giants, Bills, Texans) I think the silver helps them stand out. Now they could go with red as the primary instead but since the real “Patriots” were fighting the redcoats... eh, maybe not a good look. I’m ok with red as an alt. 

I'd take the silver out in a heartbeat if they didn't wear it for their only good 2 decades of play

fiowXOD.png

On 11/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, TenaciousG said:

Giants: should promote CR to primary and make a blue version

Bills: do nothing(they could add back the red helmet, but they really should do nothing)

Texans: Make CR(navy with red numbers) primary 

Archived