Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

50 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m definitely in the minority, but navy was a much better look for them. I don’t hate the powder at all though, It’s nice, and I appreciate them switching to it to differentiate themselves from the rams

The 90s uniforms looked more like an actual lightning storm. I prefer them too.

That said, it's hard to complain about the Chargers in powder blue. And navy with yellow would make a great basis for the Rams new unis.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Chargers Announce Changes to Uniform for 2019

April 17, 2019 - 00:47 AM

Who says a little complaining on Twitter never solved anything? The Los Angeles Chargers, apparently tired of the Tweets that flew at them about their uniforms finally did something about it today, announcing a couple of changes that should be […]

Read More...

17 minutes ago, NicDB said:

The 90s uniforms looked more like an actual lightning storm. I prefer them too.

That said, it's hard to complain about the Chargers in powder blue. And navy with yellow would make a great basis for the Rams new unis.

I was more referring to the current (well is it old now?) all navy look. That screams thunderstorm imo. Exactly how the chargers should look.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

43 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I was more referring to the current (well is it old now?) all navy look. That screams thunderstorm imo. Exactly how the chargers should look.

I forgot all about the times they did all navy.  It's definitely one of very few instances where I didn't mind monochrome.

1 hour ago, Chauncey917 said:

Glad they're ditching the navy facemasks when wearing powder blue jerseys. That always looked really mismatched.

The navy facemask always looked black when they wore the powder blues and away uniforms and it irritated the hell out of me. While I’d prefer a return to the actual throwbacks uniforms, numbers on the helmet and all I am definitely pumped about this and think it looks great.

Does anyone else find it odd that they keep emphasizing the powder blue will be the primary “for the 2019 season”? If it was just the new full time primary, wouldn’t they just say it was their new primary? Why specify “for the 2019 season”? Perhaps they’ll get a new set soon.

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that they keep emphasizing the powder blue will be the primary “for the 2019 season”? If it was just the new full time primary, wouldn’t they just say it was their new primary? Why specify “for the 2019 season”? Perhaps they’ll get a new set soon.

Good point, might just be emphasizing 2019 since the schedule comes out tomorrow and they’re probably still trying to sell season tickets for the season. But who knows?

Asked about the possibility of his team rebranding for the opening of the new Inglewood stadium in the summer of 2020, Chargers president of business operations A.G. Spanos said the franchise intends to embrace the team's legacy, and the latest move to make the powder blue jerseys the team's primary uniform is further indication of that.

"I've talked to our fans, and they love the uniforms and the colors," Spanos said. "They love the lightning bolt. It's truly iconic. It's very special, and we have a great history.

"When you look at players like LaDainian Tomlinson, Dan Fouts, Junior Seau and on and on, I think it's important to keep that tradition going."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26540577/powder-blues-serve-chargers-home-uniform

Archived