Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Newport said:

It’s making the A and it’s where it starts in the helmet.

No that end, the other end, where it would curl around the ear hole. The new logo doesn’t have that curl. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

As and alt mark it's not terrible. But as a primary? No. 

Wouldn’t be an ALT if it’s on front of the hat. I think this is the logo since the helmet will feature the Ram horn. 

It is along the lines of what Teal said (an LA where the A makes a horn).

The thing is, as others have mentioned, I thought it was a Chargers logo at first.  While we tend to pay attention to details that normal people don't, I don't think this is one of those cases.  It really looks like a Chargers logo.

It could work if there was more context.  Like, if the helmet has that style of horn on it, then the association would be there and make it a Rams logo.  But until then, I'm calling it a botch.

From a design standpoint, I don't like the yellow touching the white.  I also wonder how it would have looked had the right-most part of the horn been white, so that the A was more in one piece.  So you'd have a horn that started white, then transitioned into yellow.  Might look stupid, might not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Nike speak is going to be incredible. Not sure why the Chargers and Rams need to merge into one identity. Rams should be Royal and Athletic Gold while the Chargers in Powder Blue and Yellow. 

It also doesn't have a very athletic feel to it, either. It feels more like a corporate fitness center logo. Which, given how they've been marketing the luxurious aspects of SoFi Stadium, could be what they're going for, sadly.

10 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Man this new Rams logo looks like a god damn :censored:ing croissant! I hope to god its an alt at most because this might end up being the worst rebranding in LA sports history outside of the first post sterling Clippers rebrand! 

Oui,oui. "Voulez-vous une croix? Ou un logo? Et les deux?!"

14 minutes ago, 29texan said:

Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and call this a continuation of the trolling . . . 

The only thing that seems legitimate about it is Teal‘s description from December being pretty on point. 

I bet the Rams have five or more fake hats to troll people...but this seemed not as fake.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived