Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

13 minutes ago, OBomb said:

Today, the Chargers posted a video on their social media platforms of Joey Bosa being shown their new uniforms during a Zoom meeting (unfortunately, but obviously, the uniforms are off camera). He commented on how he liked the simplicity of them. In other words, I don't think we'll see a gradient disaster like the Falcons and possibly Rams. Hopefully something more in line with the new Buccaneers uniforms as well as the Browns.

THANK GOD.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Chargers Reddit. Reflection of the Uniforms caught in a Knife.

I see a Powder Blue Jersey with White Numbers outlined in Yellow. People on Chargers Reddit think it's Yellow Pants, but I don't see it

spacer.png

https://old.reddit.com/r/Chargers/comments/fy32g7/showed_joey_the_new_unis_on_zoom_we_think_he/

da0Lbhs.png

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

They’ve been featured as a sleeve patch on several other uniforms from throughout their history as well, these are just the examples with their current set.

I don't mind sleeve patches.  That's a good place to put goofy logos like that.  When I say 'prominent', I'm referring to when Cleveland put the chief on the chest, or the Blue Jays T-Bird uni, or even the Black Jay jersey.

Also, that light blue uniform is

Screen-Shot-2015-10-27-at-2.23.10-PM.png

21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Also, you're dead-on 

Let's be real here - that's usually the case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

A comment: "Which swap meet did you get that hat from?" 😄😄😄

This makes me wonder how much input these branding exercises get from stakeholders like New Era -- the groups that'll be selling the logos but aren't directly involved with the team. Because it's hard to imagine that sort of representative not raising a flag somewhere along the way, if this was gonna be the end product. Unless they're thinking the glue-on rubbery patches, et al will mostly replace embroidery in the near-future? Because this gradient thing isn't very embroiderable.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, Digby said:

This makes me wonder how much input these branding exercises get from stakeholders like New Era -- the groups that'll be selling the logos but aren't directly involved with the team. Because it's hard to imagine that sort of representative not raising a flag somewhere along the way, if this was gonna be the end product. Unless they're thinking the glue-on rubbery patches, et al will mostly replace embroidery in the near-future? Because this gradient thing isn't very embroiderable.

as someone who has actively watched New Era’s quality nosedive over the last several years, not to mention the lack of QC in any manufacturing... New Era doesn’t give a ****

6 hours ago, Digby said:

New Era is directly involved. They have the on field hat contract.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Probably means nothing, but a lot of Rams fans are reporting their orders for hats with the LA logo are getting canceled.

Well from what we've seen they're sh-t ... I wonder if they're fixing the gradient issue?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 4/9/2020 at 6:36 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

They looked like complete clowns, and I'm convinced this is one of those cases where people just think that something that was old and short-lived is cool because of the novelty.

In addition to the wordmark that consumes the entire front of the jersey, you have a ray across the stomach that looks more like a drawing or cartoon than a sports logo.  Smaller players looked especially silly in these.  Maybe a gradient could have worked on a different design, but as it stood, those were an embarrassment and unprofessional.

MOD EDIT: Be nicer.

spacer.png

Archived