Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The problem with that eye is that it’s too similar to the left horn.  The shape, the color.  Especially when reduced in size, which is kinda the point of that logo. 

I’m not opposed to the idea of an eye, but that’s not it. 

Make it red or dark gray or something then. I mean they already have orange and "bone" added to their color scheme. What's one more logo only color?

Do they want this identity to fail or something? I'm having a hard time understanding the "We're listening to the fans!" approach and then all of this happens. Nobody is asking for a reinvention of the wheel here so I don't know what the hell is going on with the Rams organization.

bSLCtu2.png

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

Do they want this identity to fail or something? I'm having a hard time understanding the "We're listening to the fans!" approach and then all of this happens. Nobody is asking for a reinvention of the wheel here so I don't know what the hell is going on with the Rams organization.

Summed up in one emoji: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Based on what we’ve been hearing this reminds me of when Marquette tried to change its name to the Marquette Gold. 

I was in an establishment on campus the evening the name change was announced and sure enough a bunch of older folks (probably donors or otherwise involved in the school) came in super excited about “MARQUETTE GOLD!”

Everyone there had to explain to them that it was a terrible name. It was like they walked into a wall. D-Wade even told reporters he had to tell someone to call off the change. 

I get the feeling the people inside the Rams organization are really happy about this and probably think they’ve ingeniously combined the disparate eras of Rams history but this is going to land with a thud. 

13 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I get the feeling the people inside the Rams organization are really happy about this and probably think they’ve ingeniously combined the disparate eras of Rams history but this is going to land with a thud. 

"A thud" is somewhat generous. 😜 I'm expecting something closer to this; 

nuclear explosion GIF

19 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I was thinking more like this.

SnoopyIncompatibleArchaeocete-size_restr

"Oh, there goes the Rams' brand equity!"

I don't care what universe you're from, that's got to hurt!

the user formerly known as cdclt

I think we should just keep this tread going for 5 years because they will change again then from everything we are hearing... If we get the horn of the new logo on the helmet I just do not see a horn it looks more like a moon... When the shape on the new logos is on a all blue background you just lose the look of a horn... What a shame for one of the best helmets to me in the league...

10 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

I think we should just keep this tread going for 5 years because they will change again then from everything we are hearing... If we get the horn of the new logo on the helmet I just do not see a horn it looks more like a moon... When the shape on the new logos is on a all blue background you just lose the look of a horn... What a shame for one of the best helmets to me in the league...

Maybe I'm biased, but the Ram horn is the single best element in all of Sports uniform design history, or at least in the NFL. And I think many would agree with the latter statement. They could've completely screwed up the jerseys, pants, and whatever else, and I'd be disappointed, but at least they kept the horn. I mean, it's obvious. Or so we thought.

fiowXOD.png

16 hours ago, colortv said:

Don't care what anyone says, top right looks good.

file.php?id=13610

This layout is a perfect example of what’s ultimately wrong here (and I say this understanding that we still don’t know the final product yet). An indicator of good design is how quickly something can be understood without convolution; top right has a crescent moon effect drawing too much attention, and bottom left and right look too much like the 007 intro. The simplicity in message that should be achieved is ultimately not, because people are seeing other things and associating the mark with those things instead of the intended ram horn. Top left in my opinion is the best of the four because it reads the most like a ram horn, though ultimately I don’t think the gradient is all that necessary and would be a passable, average helmet at best.

What I’m getting at here is that in the Rams’ odd efforts to get cutesy with something that was better off straightforward, they’ve convoluted a visual message that really only required simplicity (and had already been delivered simply for decades). In my opinion, this is the visual equivalent of mistranslating or misspeaking a language: It doesn’t matter what you meant to say if you use the wrong word or allude to an incorrect meaning, whoever you’re speaking to is getting the meaning and message associated with your error anyway, and you must correct it if you want your message understood. The Rams, in my opinion, have the made this same mistake visually on the logo and run the risk of doing so on the helmet.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Maybe I'm biased, but the Ram horn is the single best element in all of Sports uniform design history, or at least in the NFL. And I think many would agree with the latter statement. They could've completely screwed up the jerseys, pants, and whatever else, and I'd be disappointed, but at least they kept the horn. I mean, it's obvious. Or so we thought.

Agreed. They should've followed the Chargers path. Both teams had a great uniform that could be improved and/or modernized with a bit if tweaking. The Rams could have just added another small crescent shape to the new horn. It would've kept the classic decal shape — one that's virtually unchanged, aside from color, since 1950 — while adding the new branding details they want.

Back to the issue of the Chargers viability, and I'm checking the single game offerings for the Chargers home game against the Jaguars (a less-than-popular opponent), and there aren't as many seats available as I thought there would be.  For instance, there aren't a ton of seats available for purchase at the lowest price level.

spacer.png

I wonder if some of those "unavailable" seats are really open seats that they are holding back in case more people want to buy season tickets.

My seats are in the 400 level, and I haven't seen any of those seats available except for resale.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/los-angeles-chargers-vs-jacksonville-jaguars/event/0A005886E8A924A1

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Archived