Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

The Rams will win the Super Bowl in this combo. I’m calling it now. 😁

I made a similar prediction over on Twitter a while back. I’ll be ready for the ratio as well. 😝

spacer.png

And? The initial hate this look got when they rolled it out, and the hate they still get means there's no way this identity lives past 5 years, not even if a Super Bowl wins come out of it. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

The Rams will win the Super Bowl in this combo. I’m calling it now. 😁

I made a similar prediction over on Twitter a while back. I’ll be ready for the ratio as well. 😝

spacer.png

And how contrasting will the SB patch be and where will it go? 

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I was watching RedZone a couple weeks ago when the rams went mono-bone. My wife, who would rather watch paint dry than watch football, looks at the TV and says "that has to be the most unflattering uniform I've ever seen." I chuckled. 

I had a very similar experience in my household while watching that game. Funny.

I actually really like it when a sports brand can surprise me with a design choice. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the NHL Knights' use of a gold brocade pattern in their logo a few years back. The entire Seattle Kraken experiment was an unmitigated success, from logos to colors to uniform design, defying all expectations. It was genuinely surprising.

But I can't think of attempt at launching a uniform design trend to come out of Nike that I thought really worked. I'm speaking specifically to design rather than function. The Bucs' alarm clock numbers come to mind as another novelty that just didn't land. 

I'm all for being bold and attempting new things, and I'm certainly not the demographic to which they're attempting to appeal, but this embrace of bone/off-white/dirty should have been dismissed in the first brainstorming session. It's indiscriminately bad. 

20 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The NFC is the designated home team in the SB this year, though the Rams could choose their away unis to continue their new philosophy of intentionally being obtuse and doubling down on their terrible uniforms

No one is saying they are getting to the super bowl this year. They probably will never get to the super bowl again with Goff as QB

1 hour ago, dont care said:

No one is saying they are getting to the super bowl this year. They probably will never get to the super bowl again with Goff as QB

There isn't a dominant team in the NFC. I would not be shocked if they made it to the SB this year with their defensive players. 

On 12/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, jn8 said:

Hate me all you want, but I’m starting to like this combo. Get rid of the gradient numbers and I think I’m there. Blue over blue and anything with bone is still hot garbage tho

Agreed. Only need the gold pants. On the road jersey, make it white first, then use the same shoulder horn but in blue with a gold sleeve cap. Similar to the old look

15 hours ago, selgy said:

There isn't a dominant team in the NFC. I would not be shocked if they made it to the SB this year with their defensive players. 

New Orleans would like to talk to you...

(Green Bay...maybe?)

42 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

New Orleans would like to talk to you...

(Green Bay...maybe?)

I would definitely consider GB pretty dominant right now. 

Also, I know they have been sputtering, but I still think Seattle is a hell of a team and will ramp it back up. They definitely aren't dominant right now. But they played quite a few games in this stretch with 3rd and 4th string RBs. They got Carson back. That offense could be really explosive again.

This might end up being their worst combo of the season. I have a feeling those two colors are going to clash terribly.

Meanwhile, a regular white over athletic gold would be among the best road combos in the league, and would be classic, iconic Rams.

9 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

This might end up being their worst combo of the season. I have a feeling those two colors are going to clash terribly.

Meanwhile, a regular white over athletic gold combo would be among the best in the league, and would be classic, iconic Rams.

B-but the new colors symbolize t-the LA sunshine a-and stuff! 😛

20 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Meanwhile, a regular white over athletic gold combo would be among the best in the league, and would be classic, iconic Rams.

And conversely, athletic gold jerseys over white pants would be their best possible combination.  

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And conversely, athletic gold jerseys over white pants would be their best possible combination.  

I would love to see that as well, but I think royal blue over athletic gold should remain the primary (it’s just quintessential Rams), with an athletic gold jersey being an alternate. 

I do wonder how an athletic gold jersey would be used, whether it would force the opposing team to wear their colored jersey, much like the Lakers (used to, at least) reserve their gold jerseys for home games. Essentially, I wonder whether a gold jersey against a white jersey would provide enough contrast.

Please God let the Jets win so we never see this combo again

Edit: LMAO it’s over

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived