Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

St. Louis?  Not a chance.  

Expansion?  Even less of a chance.  

This is about a desperate and inept owner who's despised in his own home market casting around for something that he thinks will make him more money.  Don't use the word "they" when talking about this - it's not a grand design in any sense, not from the NFL (which wanted him to stay put) and not from Spanos.  

Kroenke had had a plan. Spanos is desperately stumbling and fumbling around, grasping for anything as options close all around him. 

The NFL still has blood on their hands.  They gave them an extension to file for relocation

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, O.C.D said:

If SD Charger fans want to walk away from supporting the team because they aren't in SD anymore, out of principle, it's understandable. Practically speaking, it's only about an hour drive north to see the same team and still support them. The team you've always supported is only slightly farther away now. Not like when the Raiders moved to Oakland, that's an 8 hour drive one way.

Its more like 2-2 1/2 hours on a good day. It's 120 miles.

But the bigger deal is they've moved to another market on principle. 120 miles, 1200 miles... same diff. And a market generally seen as hostile no less...

6 hours ago, O.C.D said:

I was way off on the hour estimate after checking. I can understand a fan being heart broken about it, they're being left for another city. I guess my point is, as a Chargers fan, you can still go see your team play in person (if you'll continue to root for them) without having to fly or driving an unreasonable amount of time. That being said, I wouldn't blame a fan for unfollowing them either, but if they change their mind the team is still close enough to buy tickets for.

Latest polling I've seen shows about 70% of the existing San Diego Chargers fanbase just vanished with the move to LA. So I hope Deano has a plan, because he doesn't have much in the way of any fans left. And that's before he rebrands...

28 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

If you seen their attendence this past season, they were already dead to their fans

I have no sympathy for a move like this when the fans weren't showing up anyway. An NFL team is a big deal, give it to a city that wants it.

That being said, where do you think the two LA teams will move to next??

8 minutes ago, insert name said:

Chargers in LA is dead before it even happens. There's no Charger fanbase in LA. It's a Rams town. 

I think people are giving a little too much credit to the Rams. People are making it out like they are the Red Sox in Boston but many of their games looked very empty.

Looks like the Chargers have been busy, and the rebrand will be minimal:

"Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reported the "logo will feature letters LA, arranged similarly to Dodgers logo. Lightning bolt instead of horizontal lining in two letters." "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686585-chargers-reportedly-to-announce-relocation-to-la-latest-details-reaction

10 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I think people are giving a little too much credit to the Rams. People are making it out like they are the Red Sox in Boston but many of their games looked very empty.

Yeah, it's also barely a Rams town. I just don't think LA and Football works.

XM4KeeA.png

2 minutes ago, schlim said:

Looks like the Chargers have been busy, and the rebrand will be minimal:

"Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reported the "logo will feature letters LA, arranged similarly to Dodgers logo. Lightning bolt instead of horizontal lining in two letters." "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686585-chargers-reportedly-to-announce-relocation-to-la-latest-details-reaction

This implies that they aren't considering changing the name.  I am very pleased to read this.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

This implies that they aren't considering changing the name.  I am very pleased to read this.

Same name probably. Unless a name change would come if they rebranded?

User Actions
  Follow 
61390ea59d01a6090d53a22adca68c36_bigger.Vincent Bonsignore@DailyNewsVinny

Can confirm the #ChargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png will consider rebranding. Won't happen in time for 2017 - if at all - but absolutely under consideration

1 minute ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Same name probably. Unless a name change would come if they rebranded?

User Actions
  Follow 
61390ea59d01a6090d53a22adca68c36_bigger.Vincent Bonsignore@DailyNewsVinny

Can confirm the #ChargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png will consider rebranding. Won't happen in time for 2017 - if at all - but absolutely under consideration

Ah.  Well, that stinks.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived