Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Having an interesting conversation on Twitter about this with Matthew Wolff, who designed LAFC's logo (among others).

People are always unnecessarily harsh on anything new, but it really is a nice looking mark.

The Twitter replies are awful, but im sure many are upset (and justifiably so) SD fans.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

So since the NFL agreed to 30000 seat venue the vegas raiders won't have any issue with Sam Boyd 

I don't see any issue with smaller venues being used on a short term basis as long as there's a plan in place for something permanent.

55 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

Haven't really been paying attention, but was it not discussed leaving the name and colors with St. Louis and San Diego?

They were the LA Rams for a lot longer than they were the St. Louis Rams.  Why would they leave the identity there?

1 minute ago, Echo said:

They were the LA Rams for a lot longer than they were the St. Louis Rams.  Why would they leave the identity there?

Yeah, that wouldn't have made any sense.  

There's an argument to be made that San Diego may own "Chargers", but St. Louis was only ever renting the Rams.

3 minutes ago, Echo said:

Chargers made sense to leave behind though. Yes they started in LA and spent a grand total of 6 months there. But they were in San Diego for 56 years.

12 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Isn't this a working logo, too? Why change it at all??

chargers.gif

Truth. Change the colors a little bit if you're for new uni's, but otherwise stick with this.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

42 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

So since the NFL agreed to 30000 seat venue the vegas raiders won't have any issue with Sam Boyd 

Oh Boyd is clearly big enough for a temp venue. And I fully expect that's where the Raiders will play 2017 if their move is approved in March. The NFL won't want them to lame duck for two years in Oakland.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

How the hell does Jacksonville still have a team??

I don't see where San Diego losing the Chargers to Los Angeles is relevant to Jacksonville being a capable football market ?  Sorry we are not a " traditional " NFL town but we are one none the less. One with an upgraded stadium, solid core support locally & international just starved for a winner.  So the teams lack of success shouldn't be an indictment on the fan-base or market.  Back to topic. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 minutes ago, artsho said:

It needed something.  Here is my take on what they did.  Thoughts?

I like the royal blue, but I feel like, in the context of the logo, the L is slanted too far to go with the A, almost as if instead of LA or LA, it says LA.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived