Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I'd've done something more like this.  Doesn't fix the alignment problems with the vertical lines of the letters, but in terms of the bolt alone.

LAcorrected.png

I think the bottom of the L is a hair too high on this one.  I believe the bottom of the L line should overlap slightly with the top of the crossbar in the A to mimic the jagged end of the bolt.  In this version, the bottom of the L appears to align exactly with the top of the crossbar.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I think the bottom of the L is a hair too high on this one.  I believe the bottom of the L line should overlap slightly with the top of the crossbar in the A to mimic the jagged end of the bolt.  In this version, the bottom of the L appears to align exactly with the top of the crossbar.

Good point.

Should be more like this:

LAcorrected.png

Just now, Gothamite said:

Good point.

Should be more like this:

LAcorrected.png

Bingo!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well, guess they're keeping the name. Hope they change the colors though. Go UCLA-style, except with yellow instead of gold.

Also, seeing the Twitter comments has made me realize that Twitter can occasionally be palatable, even as I continue to not use it (by choice).

Also-also, if they were to change their name, I think it would be cool if they became the Dodgers. It's been done before (1940s) to have a Dodgers football team and a Dodgers baseball team in the same city. Ditto New York Giants and Boston Braves and Pittsburgh Pirates, just off the top of my head.

46 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Also-also, if they were to change their name, I think it would be cool if they became the Dodgers. It's been done before (1940s) to have a Dodgers football team and a Dodgers baseball team in the same city. Ditto New York Giants and Boston Braves and Pittsburgh Pirates, just off the top of my head.

Different time.  Obviously never happen today.

Archived