Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

45 minutes ago, colortv said:

im also in the camp that would hate to see the Chargers not exist at all, especially with such a great color palette in their identity (if they embraced powder blue)

but, a total rebrand makes some sense here.  this is still a huge brand sure, theres 50 years of equity in the Chargers name and just being an NFL team values the organization near $1B. but they've never won a super bowl, arn't all that relevant now, and relocating to a city which they will compete against another team for fans. this would be a chance for them to start on a clean slate and design their brand for their current and future needs. the Rams by contrast, are likley stuck with going backwards more than forward.

(for example, the Rams might target a lower income audience, and the Chargers could be the team of the Hollywood elite)

as much as i hate to see it, i wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers made major changes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, the admiral said:

As someone who once too had to abandon his local team, let me welcome all disaffected Chargers fans to Raider Nation. FOLLOW ME TO FREEDOM! Unless they move to Las Vegas in the next couple days, in which case, I dunno, mail the NFL dildos or something, s'prolly what I'm gonna do.

Raiders are moving to Vegas, you can bet on it. No, seriously i think you can bet on it, like actually place a bet.

11 hours ago, daveindc said:

LA Chargers would look good in powder blue and gold, tbh.

37967_web.sp.10.19.watson.xtrapoints.col

Unique color scheme, and sets them further apart from the Rams. Imagine those uniforms with white helmets and pants. (dance)

I've been advocating this since the possibility first made news. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

8 hours ago, sayahh said:

"Beer me" means give me a beer, "King me" means to make my piece a king, "LA me" means you want a ride to LA?

I think it means to take away my team whenever it has an uncertain stadium situation. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 1/13/2017 at 9:35 AM, miketd1 said:

Wouldn't mind this color scheme:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS589Y4kob6RJZ84gmeHoA

Somehow work the orange in a subtle way like the old Bucs (stripes, number outline):

o-RONDE-BARBER-facebook.jpg

on an unrelated note... that is the single biggest reason that set was a modern classic (imo).. that subtle use of orange was brilliant.. it wasn't enough to stand alone as an actual color in the uniform, but it almost seemed to make the red "glow" a bit... its subtle, almost unnoticable use was perfect for that set and acted as the "glue" that held all the elements together.. 

Only briefly skimmed through this thread but the hate for that logo is a bit much and probably just bitter SD fans. I understand the blue and white being a Dodgers thing but too many people are stuck on the interlocking LA part. Why is that such a Dodgers thing as if it was some stroke of genius? People are acting like no one in history could have ever thought of interlocking the L and A and all of a sudden this new team tried it in their logo and suddenly it's highway robbery? That bothers me.

11 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Los Angeles Rhinos. Purple, silver and gold. Two rhino horns - /L) /A) on the helmet. 

A former boss of mine and I joked about that name a few years ago largely because LA has a pretty famous strip club chain called the "Spearmint Rhino" and the Industry site was pretty close to one of them.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived