Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

11 hours ago, daniel75 said:

his words are worthless.

There are good reasons to rebrand, starting with the location. The Rams have history on their side, with all those years and memories as the LA Rams. So to help with identity, I wouldn't use Los Angeles, instead, go with Southern California. And it's the perfect time to bring back the "Sun" nickname as well. Use a similar logo, and instead of magenta and orange as the color scheme, go with red, orange, yellow, and silver.

The Southern California Sun.   

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

There are good reasons to rebrand, starting with the location. The Rams have history on their side, with all those years and memories as the LA Rams. So to help with identity, I wouldn't use Los Angeles, instead, go with Southern California. And it's the perfect time to bring back the "Sun" nickname as well. Use a similar logo, and instead of magenta and orange as the color scheme, go with red, orange, yellow, and silver.

The Southern California Sun.   

That sounds like a bad (and really ironic) Arena League team name

2 minutes ago, Metro Boomin said:

Lightning bolts in logos always come off as amateurish to me

In many cases it does to me as well, but that's because it generally comes off as cartoony or super-heroey.  I think that neither are the case in this instance.  This one looks professional to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Brass said:

I don't think the news on the emergence of professional sports leagues has made its way to Maine yet. Give it a few more months, and then we can reconvene on this question.

Ouch. What did we do to you?

3 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Hmm... 

I'd say the odds are probably fairly high that San Diego gets another franchise in the future if the stadium situation finally settles. But the Chargers were there for nearly 60 years. Very surprised that they took the name with them. 

I think the Hornets and Titans situations tell us that we don't know whether they'll ultimately keep the name or not.  It would probably be hard to come up with a whole new identity for 2017 at this point.  So even if they know they'll have one in, say 2018 or 2019, they kinda have to promote the Bolt right now.  I don't know what they are going to do and I don't think they know what the are going to do either.

The main thing I started to take from your post before reading the last sentence that, ugh, they've been there for almost 60 years and the idea that they could get a new team in a few years almost makes it more infuriating; if the public's going to waste money on a stadium, I wish they'd do it in time to save the current team rather than get the jags or an expansion team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Hmm... 

I'd say the odds are probably fairly high that San Diego gets another franchise in the future if the stadium situation finally settles. But the Chargers were there for nearly 60 years. Very surprised that they took the name with them. 

What makes you say that? There currently isn't a need for expansion and all the rest of the current teams won't be looking to move another team to SoCal, and with how SD already refused to build new stadiums in the past it doesn't look like they will in the future, especially with no one coming at them proposing ideas. San Diego just doesn't seem like a city that puts that into a priority.

The Chargers should not only not change their name, but they should lean heavily on the "return to L.A." angle.  They should have an ad campaign in which they juxtapose side-by-side pictures from the L.A. days in the AFL and current shots.  

And something like this should be the main image:

la-chargers-2.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Looking at the logo again I think my only big problem with it isn't the color scheme or the interlocking letters or the lightning bolt its that the more I see it the less I actually see an L and an A. I keep seeing a 4 or a 41 or a U or like a tuning fork or a spur. There needs to be more differentiation between the L and the A.

Funny how much whining there is about an interlocking LA being a ripoff.  You'd think there'd have been a situation where a city with two words in it had something similar happening...

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

VmWIn6B.png

2 minutes ago, LMU said:

Funny how much whining there is about an interlocking LA being a ripoff.  You'd think there'd have been a situation where a city with two words in it had something similar happening...

IMG_1940.JPG

Holy cow... the Chargers should just slap an LA on Willie May's right biceps and they'd have the best logo ever!

Archived