Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

12 hours ago, Gupti said:

That's a pretty smart takeaway from this quick-and-dirty mockup.

Wanna hear a dumb one? This mockup doesnt show any gold sleeve stripes. Compare to this image of the same portion of jersey from last season:

image.jpeg

image.png

(They probably just forgot, but a guy and dream of a beige-less future.)

Untitled image (7).jpg

Can they do this under the five year rule?

Original edit was agentrygraphic's

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Same pic is on Twitter.

Not on the poll tweet itself:

You have to click on the link or look at an earlier tweet from the Rams to actually see a picture.  And the descriptions don't represent a whole lot of distinction between the two. 

is there thin gray stripes around the single navy stripe?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

is there thin gray stripes around the single navy stripe?

I think those are just seams.  The single stripe looks to be too narrow to file the mesh material on the Nike pants.

Vikings-NFL-Nike-Elite-51-Uniform-Side_h

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would like the royal and athletic gold myself. But I dont think that they would go total throwback, because they lose the ability to make money off the throwback merchandise and jerseys. I don't mind the navy and white, but I dont want to see the grey facemask with it. The only way a grey mask would work for me is if they used grey in the uniforms instead of the vegas gold. 

I get that its annoying to want to see the Rams back in their real LA colors, and waiting while they do these stupid in-between measures seems pointless, but I really don't see how this is going to "squander goodwill" or whatever, not in the long run.  Whatever they do this year or next year, IF they run out into their new stadium wearing royal blue and athletic gold, the fans will go apespit and massive amounts of money will change hands.  And this intern will be quickly forgotten. 

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I get that its annoying to want to see the Rams back in their real LA colors, and waiting while they do these stupid in-between measures seems pointless, but I really don't see how this is going to "squander goodwill" or whatever, not in the long run.  Whatever they do this year or next year, IF they run out into their new stadium wearing royal blue and athletic gold, the fans will go apespit and massive amounts of money will change hands.  And this intern will be quickly forgotten. 

Well they had huge fan support to start last season and by the end of the season they were playing to a 3/4 empty stadium. I'd contend that a lot of that was due to fans being turned off by the poor play AND no heart felt connection to a team that looked like the St. Louis Rams. If they let it go too long they may never fully get that overwhelming support back without winning big.

White horned helmets for the Rams. Looks like it's going to be Blue and white for 2019. Makes sense with the Chargers being in LA (even though that still seems weird) being Blue and Yellow as well, even though I'd prefer the Rams to go back to the Throwbacks and the Chargers use Navy. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

As many have you have probably already seen. They have now made the Rams primary helmet for 2017 the Navy with white horns. They are again doing a fan vote, but this time for the fave mask option A: blue  and option B: white. I like that they are trying to engage the fans, but would love to see them go with the grey facemask as they did for the color rush helmet this year against the Seahawks. The grey looks clean and keeps in touch with the tradition.

Since helmets are de facto logos for NFL teams, I'm surprised they're not part of the 5-year rule too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From NFL.com's article...

but made it clear almost from the outset with a change to a blue and white logo that the organization would move toward that color scheme in the future.

So, does this mean that it's all but guaranteed that this is not just a temporary change, and the Rams will just complete the blue-white look in 2019 as well? 

EDIT: Full uniform to be unveiled tomorrow, via the Rams' website.

ExJworW.png

I just repainted the horns on my rams mini helmet white. I hope they go w/ a blue mask I don't have any extra whites. I could take the white mask off the Vikings and put purple on my throwback Vikings since they had that starting in 1984.  My throwbacks are all 80s(83-86) I don't want to buy a new helmet if they go to the 80s helmet which i have already. I'm hoping the Lions just go to a thin blue stripe and a blue or grey mask then I can just take the black mask and stripes off. 

17078022_10208460490818220_1850012551_n.

Archived