Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

7 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Makes me wonder what they will do in London and if a team they play wears white at home. Throwbacks?

Prepare for the ultimate mess of a navy and primarily gold jersey paired with blue and white helmets and pants. 

It's still frustrating on how the Rams can't wear the Throwbacks for home and the Color Rush unis for a temporary uniform fix before a rebrand. Those were the colors the fans wanted. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So they are making a change for next year that won't be around in 2 years??? Am I reading those tweets correctly?

they'll probably use it as a alt/fauxback. I'm hoping the 2019 would be royal blue helmets but if they were navy and yellow then you could keep this look as the alt.

1 minute ago, ~Bear said:

What will be worse, the Rams or their mismatched jerseys? God this is a trainwreck. 

Either change everything now, or wait entirely to 2019. 

I'm with you. Just suck it up until 2019, and leave it alone. This just looks ate up.

14 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

What will be worse, the Rams or their mismatched jerseys? God this is a trainwreck. 

Either change everything now, or wait entirely to 2019. 

That's the Padres job?

7 hours ago, insert name said:

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but I always preferred these uniforms. So that's why I don't mind the change to Blue and White, even if temporary.

IMG_9472.JPG

I don't get all the nostalgia for an incredibly bland look. It's navy and white. Period. The Rams had this look for about 10 years of their existence. Every other year, there was some shade of gold, whether athletic or Vegas. There's already a blue-and-white team in the league (Colts). The yellow-and-blue look was so distinctive. Dropping the yelllow looks cheap, like the team was trying to save money by using one color instead of two.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This may seem absurd, and it probably is, but part of me wonders whether this shift to blue and white is to provide some contrast with their future stadium's co-tenant, the blue-and-yellow Chargers.

Considering the Rams are the primary tenant, I doubt they did it for this reason. But this shift to blue and white at least provide some more distinct separation between the looks of the Rams and Chargers. 

This, of course, is assuming that the Rams eventually overhaul in 2019 retains the blue-and-white scheme. Which is a big assumption. 

I know I've been droning on about the Rams returning to their rightful colors (blue and yellow), but damn, those white horn helmets are awesome. There's just something about them that exudes class. If they just got rid of the little bit of gold on their jerseys, this would be a solid look. I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

47 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

So I tried this look out on Madden and I'm not sure what to think. This is going to be really weird.

It looks even weirder in real life.

ZvdbLR4.png

Assuming they stick with the look they had on that TNF game, the gold striping on the pants makes colors contrast even more. I can only imagine how awful this outfit will look with their standard home navy uniforms, which have essentially no white at all. At least with their road jerseys the white horns sort of compliment the majority of the jersey color.

rsz_screen_shot_2017-02-13_at_32545_pm.png

Archived