Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I'd prefer they just ride out the St. Louis look as long as they have to and then make the full change to (hopefully) blue/yellow at once. 

Or they could have made the full change before last season.

The league wouldn't have prevented the team from taking the field.  The league would just have fined the team; and the team should have just paid that fine.  The increased goodwill with the fanbase would have made it all worthwhile.  

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One step closer to my beloved blue and whites! :P

Seriously though, if the Rams can lose the gold on the jerseys, this will be a very solid (and temporary) look. If not, it's going to be only slightly better than the disaster that was the color rush uniform. In any case, there's no need to panic. Odds are, the Rams will be decked out in blue and gold in 2019. The blue and white look isn't permanent, but I do hope it will end up being an alternate.

I voted for the blue facemask.

BB52Big.jpg

14 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

So they are making a change for next year that won't be around in 2 years??? Am I reading those tweets correctly?

No, they're making some changes for this year that will be only temporary and are unrelated to the major changes coming in 2019. 

I got flamed on this site when I predicted & supported these changes 9 months ago, but I'm glad to see them take effect. It makes business sense to arrive in the St. Louis gear, emphasize the throwback market, test the waters with a few tweaks, and then introduce a 3rd identity in 2019. As nice as a modernized 90's set might look, cannibalizing the hottest throwback identity in sports with fauxback primaries is money wasted. Besides, LA can still press on the yellow horns twice a year and sell 4-5 different jersey designs.

I will admit that I'll miss the yellow color rush jersey and wish  we could have seen it paired with blue pants.

3 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Rams play in Dallas next year. Should certainly be interesting.

Oh, that's going to be terrible. The Rams will have to wear their navy gold jersey's with this new look. Couple that with the nasty silver-green pants of the Cowboys, oh man. This is would be in the running for ugliest game of the year, if it weren't for the fact that the Jaguars helmet and the Buccaneers exist. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd have to say I disagree.  Letting the fans design your uniform, at least in most cases, is only one step above letting the players design the uniforms

I would LOVE it if the Eagles asked the fans if they should switch back to kelly green. I'm sure Padres fans would be stoked with having their voice heard too.

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

So I tried this look out on Madden with the potential new pants and I'm not sure what to think. This is going to be really weird.

QlOhN2e.png

This is exactly the problem with this mashup of uniforms. Just bite the bullet and remove the gold from the jerseys. Yes you have inventory to eat, but ask the NFL and NIke for help so you don't look like a JV team wearing Varsity hand me downs. I doubt they are selling many of those navy/gold jerseys anyway. My guess is anyone who has to have one now will buy the throwback and the others will wait for the new jerseys to come out. 

God-Dammit NFL

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

58 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Oh, that's going to be terrible. The Rams will have to wear their navy gold jersey's with this new look. Couple that with the nasty silver-green pants of the Cowboys, oh man. This is would be in the running for ugliest game of the year, if it weren't for the fact that the Jaguars helmet and the Buccaneers exist. 

Maybe they can use that for one of their two "wear a throwback jersey" games? That helmet and that jersey must never be allowed to coexist.

rsz_screen_shot_2017-02-13_at_32545_pm.png

46 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

This is exactly the problem with this mashup of uniforms. Just bite the bullet and remove the gold from the jerseys. Yes you have inventory to eat, but ask the NFL and NIke for help so you don't look like a JV team wearing Varsity hand me downs. I doubt they are selling many of those navy/gold jerseys anyway. My guess is anyone who has to have one now will buy the throwback and the others will wait for the new jerseys to come out. 

Agreed. The gold is going to ruin the look. Just remove it and it's a nice uniform.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

I would LOVE it if the Eagles asked the fans if they should switch back to kelly green. I'm sure Padres fans would be stoked with having their voice heard too.

Sure, give the fans what they want in big picture ways.  But having them weigh in on stripes, facemasks, number fonts?  Asking for trouble.

I'm thinking they're just trying to pander to their fans here and build some local support with these temporary changes, as well as test the waters of abandoning gold/yellow and moving to blue/white. It seems to me like they're just trying to kill several birds with one stone here and use some leeway from relocating to facilitate it, while having the safety net of "full rebrand in conjunction with the new stadium".. If you know you aren't going to play well enough to build a fan base, might as well try gimmicks for the time being

1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

I'm thinking they're just trying to pander to their fans here and build some local support with these temporary changes, as well as test the waters of abandoning gold/yellow and moving to blue/white. It seems to me like they're just trying to kill several birds with one stone here and use some leeway from relocating to facilitate it, while having the safety net of "full rebrand in conjunction with the new stadium".. If you know you aren't going to play well enough to build a fan base, might as well try gimmicks for the time being

That's the most perplexing thing. They knew they weren't going to be competitive AND they knew the fans in LA wanted the royal/yellow. Thus, the smart thing would have been to give the fans their throwback royal/yellow while the team rebuilds. Alas that ship has sailed and they are left with something very few are actually excited about. 

45 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure, give the fans what they want in big picture ways.  But having them weigh in on stripes, facemasks, number fonts?  Asking for trouble.

No way man.  Maybe the Eagles would get a cool "feather ruffle" number font. Or an awesome "eagle" font with a beak coming out of each number!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived