Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

As a Cowboys fan I can't say a damn thing about these. I really want to, but I'd be calling the kettle black...or gold in this case.

I'll say this; if the logo on the sleeves was the correct color of the "new" primary I'd have less of an issue with it. I'm not a fan of the blue/white Rams so I'm hoping in 2019 this won't be a thing. But it's 2017, and shouldn't have been hard to do this:

IMG_0491.JPG

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

Have they said anything about the road uniform? Are they really going to wear the navy with the GOLD NUMBERS? That's gonna be even worse.

We never said the Rams were smart. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

10 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

We never said the Rams were smart. 

I feel like they are trying to make the best of a bad rule, but yeah this is probably dumb. As much as I hate navy and gold it was probably best to just keep it for now.

9 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

I feel like they are trying to make the best of a bad rule, but yeah this is probably dumb. As much as I hate navy and gold it was probably best to just keep it for now.

I get that they wanted to go all in on blue and white for this, but weren't allowed to because of the NFL. But then, why take this awkward half-step? Sticking it out with gold would have been better than this. 

i honestly doubt the rams will ever wear the navy jerseys.

dallas has shown a tendency to start wearing the "cursed" jerseys more and more recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if all the "white at home" teams accommodated the rams until the redesign... and in instances where they can't, the rams wear some kind of throwback or color rush.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Are the Rams changing their collar? The image they tweeted has the filled-in collar, not the toilet seat

Assuming the picture is accurate and they are changing the collar...

...what's the deal with the rule?  They can change the pants, the collar, the helmet.  But they have to leave the gold on the jersey?  It's like the league came up with this just to see whether a team would do something like this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

22 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Move over Jags, Titans... Worst uniform in the league.

rams17_1.png

This is what the Rams will probably wear in London. I can't think of a more perfect way to showcase our sport to the UK than trotting out a mismatched uniform on a team that plays like crap. That's sure gonna drive the incentive for a London NFL team!

bSLCtu2.png

47 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Assuming the picture is accurate and they are changing the collar...

...what's the deal with the rule?  They can change the pants, the collar, the helmet.  But they have to leave the gold on the jersey?  It's like the league came up with this just to see whether a team would do something like this.

I keep seeing people refer to the rule as bad... I don't agree.  It's not a bad idea to make teams have some consistency.  There's even a little wiggle room built into the rule, so teams can tweak a look that needs a little help.  The Rams are just stretching the definition of "minor" as far as they possibly can. IIRC, the Rams could have applied to change immediately with the relocation, but they didn't bother.  They probably could have done a quick change to the throwbacks, then come out with a new alt as the start of their rebrand to coincide with the new stadium, then switched to the new look full time five years after relocation.  But they were too "smart" for that.  This isn't the NFL's fault; it's all on the Rams.

The St. Louis update already drained the brightness and saturation from the vibrant royal blue and athletic gold of the L.A. Rams. Now they're draining the dull beige-gold out of that. Do they not realize the semiotics of these changes? It's a franchise being sapped of its life. That's how I'd see it, not as "an interim design to make money before the real redesign to make more money." All I see is a moribund team winding down.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived