Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

What's being lost here is not only is there a 5 year rule but there's also 2 or 3 years of notice that has to be given for a major change. Since the move was approved only 7 months before preseason games started and was the underdog going in the full rebrand couldn't have been submitted to meet this. Everything being tweaked now are loopholes that the league is reluctantly allowing hence the incompleteness.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LMU said:

What's being lost here is not only is there a 5 year rule but there's also 2 or 3 years of notice that has to be given for a major change. Since the move was approved only 7 months before preseason games started and was the underdog going in the full rebrand couldn't have been submitted to meet this. Everything being tweaked now are loopholes that the league is reluctantly allowing hence the incompleteness.

Right.  The fact that they've been wearing this uniform for so long means they could've put in for a change whenever they wanted to, but that only starts the process. There was no window of time between the move being approved and the first game in LA that would've made a rebrand possible.

4 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

That looks absolutely terrible. It's clear Kroenke was a star pupil at the Spanos School of Branding. He excels at giving the fans what they don't want.

They can't change colors until 2019. Yesterday someone posted a twitter post from an NFL official on this board that the Rams requested to switch back to royal blue and gold for 2016-2019 but were denied by the NFL.

The only way they can make a change for now is to use only their existing colors. (Hence why there was no gray face mask option since it needed to match with their current color palette).

5 minutes ago, TJSC said:

They can't change colors until 2019. Yesterday someone posted a twitter post from an NFL official on this board that the Rams requested to switch back to royal blue and gold for 2016-2019 but were denied by the NFL.

The only way they can make a change for now is to use only their existing colors. (Hence why there was no gray face mask option since it needed to match with their current color palette).

I think most people (here, at least) understand that, it's more the decision to go through with the changes you can make and have a mish mash of colors on your uniform rather than just wait a few years to change everything all at once. I've never been a huge fan of the 2000 and onwards Rams' uniforms, but they look a heck of a lot better as a whole than an attempt to play mix and match with jerseys and helmets from different uniform sets.

I'm almost rooting for every team they play on the road in 2017 to wear their white jerseys just so the Rams have to wear navy and reveal this full extent of this catastrophe to the NFL as a whole.

rsz_screen_shot_2017-02-13_at_32545_pm.png

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18811001/los-angeles-rams-unveil-retro-overhaul-uniforms-helmet

"The Rams went to their white jerseys for both home and road games in 2016, their first year back in Los Angeles.

On the road, they wore blue pants with gold stripes. Those stripes will now be white."

Is there anyone who would be able to mock up what their road uniform will look like? White horn helmet with white facemask, white with gold uniform, and now navy pants with the white stripe. Thanks guys!

33 minutes ago, G-tron said:

The Rams have the potential to wear their dark jerseys three times with away games against Dallas, Jacksonville, and Tennessee. I can't wait to see these catastrophes.

they could avoid catastrophe if they play Dallas on Thanksgiving, leading to them wearing their white against Dallas' navy, and wearing the blue/yellow throwback at Tennessee and Jacksonville.

1 minute ago, Primzahl said:

they could avoid catastrophe if they play Dallas on Thanksgiving, leading to them wearing their white against Dallas' navy, and wearing the blue/yellow throwback at Tennessee and Jacksonville.

I was hoping that they would wear their throwbacks against Tampa Bay last year, but they instead wore their throwbacks for two home games. 

You know what else is funny about this reversion to white and blue? Their colour rush jersey is totally yellow. That could also help if they're scheduled against Dallas or Tennessee for a colour rush game.

6 minutes ago, insert name said:

what was the point of changing the logo, pants and helmet if they won't (or can't) change the main jersey? Might as well left it alone.

Throwing a bone to a fanbase that's right now forced to wait out two more transitional years with a new coaching staff and another team entering the market.  If nothing else they can at least make try to tweak the uniforms that represent the team being ripped away by Georgia to bide time until they can scrap everything for hopefully a modern take on the royal and athletic gold.

VmWIn6B.png

9 minutes ago, LMU said:

Throwing a bone to a fanbase that's right now forced to wait out two more transitional years with a new coaching staff and another team entering the market.  If nothing else they can at least make try to tweak the uniforms that represent the team being ripped away by Georgia to bide time until they can scrap everything for hopefully a modern take on the royal and athletic gold.

Yeah, I think that's it. 

I personally would rather they just stay put until the total overhaul, but I can also appreciate them wanting to make some changes to de-St Louis their look before then.  

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I think that's it. 

I personally would rather they just stay put until the total overhaul, but I can also appreciate them wanting to make some changes to de-St Louis their look before then.  

I agree. Stay the same, just changing to all white as much as possible. If they were to change the pants I'd have rather they did this which I've shown before. 

ramsgoldstripe.jpg

I'm not so advanced that I can take screenshots with my Xbox, but I played a game as the Rams with these settings: 1960s helmet, home (white) jersey, 1960s pants, "official" (current) socks. It actually doesn't look that bad, considering that the gold on the jersey is so minimal that it disappears in the navy-whiteness of it all.

However, blue and yellow looks infinitely better.

ExJworW.png

If they used the gold pants then their uniforms would still be in the upper echelon of the NFL looks and none of this would be an issue (considering that they're committed to changing in '19). 

It's incredible that those things are being eaten by moths when there was a time that some considered their look among the top in the league. They even made side panels work since they blended in with the pants!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, G-tron said:

The Rams have the potential to wear their dark jerseys three times with away games against Dallas, Jacksonville, and Tennessee. I can't wait to see these catastrophes.

Unless you're a Rams, Titans, or Jags die-hard, I have no idea why you'd be watching those latter two games.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

14 minutes ago, rams80 said:
3 hours ago, G-tron said:

15 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Unless you're a Rams, Titans, or Jags die-hard, I have no idea why you'd be watching those latter two games.

You rang ? :therock:

I would so much love it if they wore their throwbacks here because then I would at least have one good uniform to look at during the LA vs JAX game.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

27 minutes ago, rams80 said:

This is why the NFL needs relegation. A late season Jags/Rams game to see which loser drops out of the NFL would kill in the ratings. 

15 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

This is why the NFL needs relegation. A late season Jags/Rams game to see which loser drops out of the NFL would kill in the ratings. 

The Toilet Bowl Playoffs:

Jags vs Titans

Rams vs Browns

Winner gets first draft pick.

Archived