Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I really don't get the infatuation with navy and white.  It's so bland. If they've worn a bland color scheme forever and not it's tradition ala the colts then fine, but why change from a color scheme of navy and gold that not only works but is actually fairly unique in American pro sports.  Not saying it isn't used at all obv you have the brewers & pacers. But it's not like they wear navy & red or blue & silver or red & black or something like that.    Navy and gold works.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Historical doesn't make sense either they only wore the white horns for like 7 years out of 50.  I don't know for sure but I can't imagine the fans in LA were craving the return of navy and white.  Every celebration I saw when the rams announced they were moving back had fans in royal and gold.  

The ONLY thing that make sense to me is the chargers having the same color scheme.  I don't know if the Rams care about that or thought that far ahead that the chargers may join them in LA (or maybe even if chargers stayed in SD in would be close enough to want contrasting color schemes).  But that's the only thing that makes sense to me about this. Rams become the navy and white team. chargers become the blue (hopefully powder) and gold team 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope when 2019 rolls around, the Rams will keep this blue-and-white look, but work it into a proper alternate. Seems to be a good way to keep people happy: blue-and-yellow on a regular basis, and blue-and-white as sort of a historical throwback.

I agree that navy and gold is fine, but those colors will forever be associated with St. Louis, not L.A.

The NFL uniform rules are so odd. So a helmet change is okay, a pants change is okay, but not the jersey? So you get the mess above. I mean, given 2/3 of the uniform is swapped out, what's the harm in just letting the Rams remove the gold from the jersey? I know it's mainly due to merchandising/licensing rules, but given how many ways there are around these rules, may as well just scrap them. Would avoid the mess like above.

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

The NFL uniform rules are so odd. So a helmet change is okay, a pants change is okay, but not the jersey? So you get the mess above. I mean, given 2/3 of the uniform is swapped out, what's the harm in just letting the Rams remove the gold from the jersey? I know it's mainly due to merchandising/licensing rules, but given how many ways there are around these rules, may as well just scrap them. Would avoid the mess like above.

The NFL doesn't sell mass quantities of helmets and football pants. The jerseys are sold in abundance and made well in advance. You can't go Willy nilly changing on a whim with little notice.

IMG_6947.JPG

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

So a helmet change is okay, a pants change is okay, but not the jersey? So you get the mess above. I mean, given 2/3 of the uniform is swapped out, what's the harm in just letting the Rams remove the gold from the jersey? I know it's mainly due to merchandising/licensing rules

Sometimes the question is its own answer.

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

The NFL doesn't sell mass quantities of helmets and football pants. The jerseys are sold in abundance and made well in advance. You can't go Willy nilly changing on a whim with little notice.

IMG_6947.JPG

You spelled that wrong.  Everyone knows it's MOICHandising :-)

It's where I sit.

On 3/26/2017 at 5:21 PM, duxrcool048 said:

It'd be cool if they could just use a different, updated version of their Color Rush jerseys. I guess that would be considered changing the jerseys. Oh well.

p9b6pbyq.jpg

What's funny is when they wear the Color Rush it will be the one time this year that the uniform will look like it's supposed to. 

5 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

What's funny is when they wear the Color Rush it will be the one time this year that the uniform will look like it's supposed to. 

And the two times they wear the royal and blue throwbacks..

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I noticed the different number set, too. Seems the St. Louis set has a more "modern" looking font. This was probably always the case, but something I honestly never noticed until seeing everything side-by-side.

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

True.  The Chargers had said they were considering one, but the Rams had already confirmed the change was coming. That's what I was driving at.

I know. But you made it sound like they never planned at any time to change. My bad. Just wanted to point it out. Sorry.

The team needs to make a decision. Either make a run as the LA Chargers or rebrand now and start off fresh in the new locale.

Rebranding the team after years in the market as the Chargers is so stupid I have no doubt that's what Dean will inevitably do.

On 4/27/2017 at 5:21 PM, hawk36 said:

On 4/27/2017 at 5:25 PM, upperV03 said:

And the two times they wear the royal and blue throwbacks..

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I don't understand what you mean? How will it look "like it's supposed to?"

Archived