Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 3/13/2017 at 1:59 PM, hawk36 said:

That's different in a substantial way (design wise). The Giants use red and blue on their helmet and pants so it ties together the look. The Rams are using gold on their jersey only so it sticks out. Even if the Rams were to add gold to their socks, it would go a long way in making the overall look more cohesive.

Again, I get that 90% of the public won't notice, but that doesn't mean we should just accept it as "good enough". To me it's something that would be the difference between a B and a C for a project in one of my classes. That little attention to detail that is the difference between good and average.

RamsGoldSocks.jpg 

Could this be saved by adding a logo with gold to the pants and a little gold to the helmet?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2017 at 1:17 PM, Matito said:

Did they actually change their primary logo, or do they just not use their official primary logo anymore? My guess (unless I'm proven wrong, because it's possible I missed an official change) is that the blue and gold is still their official primary, they just don't use it anymore unless they have to, such as with official draft caps.

They did appear to change their primary logo (rather lazily, I might add. You can see the obvious "kink" where the horn's shadow used to be):

320px-Los_Angeles_Rams_logo.svg.png

As noted before, the NFL seems to have some very odd rules about identity updates. The jerseys can't be changed for five years, but just about everything else can be (logos, wordmarks, helmets, etc.)

On 5/2/2017 at 9:39 PM, ltjets21 said:

If the Rams changed their primary log and colors why were the draft hats navy and gold?

The draft hats were likely made well before the 2017 season, or it could be a merchandising/jersey issue and weren't allowed to. I'm not sure.

So the Rams are having a fan vote on there website on which game to use the throwback uniforms and if you notice i used the singular form of game, so the rams may save us from a hideous mach up vs Dallas if that is the decision my gut is telling me they are going. I also like that the Rams are getting fans involved with the uniform choices even if they are minor, it show they care about what the fans think with the uniforms at least to some extent, which in my experience is rare to see in a major sport. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

10 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

So the Rams are having a fan vote on there website on which game to use the throwback uniforms and if you notice i used the singular form of game, so the rams may save us from a hideous mach up vs Dallas if that is the decision my gut is telling me they are going. I also like that the Rams are getting fans involved with the uniform choices even if they are minor, it show they care about what the fans think with the uniforms at least to some extent, which in my experience is rare to see in a major sport. 

They're having two separate votes to determine the two games that they'll be worn.

IMG_3977.thumb.PNG.881a0d9f00df5062035b6bf34054a22a.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah i didn't see that thanks for pointing it out, and at least my point about the rams giving fans some choice is still valid. I'm hoping all this means they are listening to the fansand they are going blue and yellow when they do rebrand in 2019. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

Except rarely, if ever, do those "fan votes" ever mean anything. The team has likely already decided and this "vote" is just for good PR. More often than not, teams usually make excuses about why they can't do what the fans voted on. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I don't usually trust any sort of fan votes when it comes to team decisions.

I vote for the road game vs Dallas.  Whoops, that is not an option.  I guess we get mismatched blue and gold at least once. Hope they can tape the helmets.   Maybe Cowboys will show mercy and wear blue. 

dallas-cowboys-v-los-angeles-rams_pg_600.jpg

3 hours ago, TJSC said:

When your practice uniform matches better than your actual uniform...

IMG_5153.PNG

Except they still have navy shorts with the gold trim on them:

IMG_3991.thumb.JPG.8de1fb910d8589a5aff246a02b58d8a3.JPG

And a lot of the players use the royal blue and white practice gear:

IMG_3986.thumb.JPG.8ec8197382e8048684c33f448c72d5f9.JPGIMG_3992.thumb.JPG.8ff14246d161d49c1407c1be096cbd86.JPGIMG_3993.thumb.JPG.784d9df8c2405b7afd5f4d303d750d66.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

28 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

I really like the L A hidden in the R and A in that concept. 

14 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

An homage to this script (which is outstanding and totally original and totally should be back in the endzones).

grfbe07kghepvedhhyr2.gif

That would be amazing!

It seems incredibly likely the Rams will revert to blue and gold as soon as they can. The management knows its popular, and it seems the goal is to remove any and all St. Louis references (including colors) as soon as it's allowed.

Archived