OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

2 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

It looks fine. I get an Indianapolis Colts vibe from it but...still very solid. The helmet just looks kind of empty without the blue and yellow.

The bumper needs a word mark on it bad. Cant be plain white

The only reason that card doesn't look terrible is because the glow from the lighting is drowning out the gold just enough that you're not processing it at first glance. If you looked at that picture without knowing the Rams were gold you'd have to look hard to notice it. 

Are the Rams not changing to the new template?

They should have left the facemask navy blue IMO. I don't like how the horns, bumper and facemask all blend into each other now.

I still don't follow the logic of keeping these jerseys in tact so they don't take a huge loss on jersey sales...

I mean, is there ANYONE actually buying anything but yellow and blue gear? Anyone in LA or StL buying St Louis era jerseys?

4 hours ago, ColeJ said:

I still don't follow the logic of keeping these jerseys in tact so they don't take a huge loss on jersey sales...

I mean, is there ANYONE actually buying anything but yellow and blue gear? Anyone in LA or StL buying St Louis era jerseys?

It has to be the opposite case...I can't imagine anyone that would want to buy the regular jersey at this point...the throwback has to outsell it by a wide margin at this point.

As I have said a few times they could have easily swapped the tan for yellow/white or simply made a white throwback,...that would be zero design effort and could have been an expedited manufacturing run...my suspicion still is that goodell was pissed that stan forced his way into LA so the league was absolutely not going to do him any favors.

5 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Probably not... I wanted to buy a Goff jersey, but I didn't want a jersey that is out of date in a few years

32 minutes ago, Jake Manternach Creative said:

Probably not... I wanted to buy a Goff jersey, but I didn't want a jersey that is out of date in a few years

That's not a nice thing to say about Goff. 

8 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The only reason that card doesn't look terrible is because the glow from the lighting is drowning out the gold just enough that you're not processing it at first glance. If you looked at that picture without knowing the Rams were gold you'd have to look hard to notice it. 

Yeah, I know. Still doesn't look as bad as I imagined it would have. 

Although this could be because I'm pleasantly surprised on how much I love this new helmet. Obviously, I still prefer the royal blue and yellow color scheme, but I wouldn't be as unhappy if they stayed navy and white as I originally thought I would be.

It's not bad. It's certainly not good. When they're forced into dark jerseys, then it'll look bad.

On 2017-05-20 at 2:10 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

This doesn't look that bad...

DASVasHUAAAf4JO.jpg

I don't think this looks that bad either. However, I think it will look atrocious when they have to wear their blue "home" jersey. Might not happen too often but we do see more and more teams wear white at home early in the season.  

The Ram Horn visual is so strong that it looks good no matter what colors the helmet is rendered in. 

I love the Flipper Anderson/Chris Evert era blue-and-yellow helmets but while they're guests at USC's Coliseum I'd rather they not wear UCLA's colors. The blue-and-whites are great for this interim period. 

5 hours ago, Typhoon said:

However, I think it will look atrocious when they have to wear their blue "home" jersey.

I just want to mention that the white jersey is the Rams' home jersey.

37 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I just want to mention that the white jersey is the Rams' home jersey.

That's why it's in quotation marks. It's still called the home jersey on NFL shop ect. 

On 5/20/2017 at 2:10 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

This doesn't look that bad...

DASVasHUAAAf4JO.jpg

The fact that the horn color of the logo doesn't match the color of the horn per the helmet sticks in my craw,

On 5/9/2017 at 1:40 PM, Daredevil said:

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

I love this !!!!

1 hour ago, schtee said:

The Ram Horn visual is so strong that it looks good no matter what colors the helmet is rendered in. 

I love the Flipper Anderson/Chris Evert era blue-and-yellow helmets but while they're guests at USC's Coliseum I'd rather they not wear UCLA's colors. The blue-and-whites are great for this interim period. 

"Chris" Everret will get you punched from across a table.