Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

9 hours ago, dont care said:

That's why it's in quotation marks. It's still called the home jersey on NFL shop ect. 

Exactly what I meant. Thanks. Looking at their schedule, we may only see the blues on the road Week 4 against Dallas, and possibly Week 6 & 16 against Jacksonville and Tennessee. The rest of their road games are against opponents who don't typically wear white at home. I guess they lucked out a little bit

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, insert name said:

Changing the helmet to not match the jersey is the most pointless thing ever. 

The cynic in me thinks that they did this to effectively market a throwback look and gin up what little demand there is for their current white jersey. I also speculate that it allows them to better integrate selling other merch that is navy/white, especially with the helmet logo.

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Except that they've been teasing navy and white for years.  They might actually like the color scheme.

Teasing a color scheme with practice uniforms and creating a frankenuniform for game days are not the same thing. This is a botched attempt at trying to make their change to blue/white as quickly as possible. For the time being at least. They are clearly attempting to create a LA look and are going about it the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

That's what I don't understand either. This picture shows the new template.

Rams-2017-Uniform.jpg

Just as this mockup shows, they are indeed switching to the new template. Here are the retail versions of the home and throwback:

IMG_4514.thumb.PNG.48770da0a2507e3efeb7a40110a90cd6.PNGIMG_4515.thumb.PNG.ada2a2393687a21df657602342ad537b.PNG

They likely just used the old jerseys for the rookie photo shoots because they either don't have the new ones in yet or because it was more convenient to whip up the old ones.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

dont think this has been posted yet? 

592c3f7658c9a_ScreenShot2017-05-29at11_31_09AM.thumb.png.ea7915152ebf358f7d723eac6912b3ab.png

yea, that looks great . . . .

I desperately want the Rams back in their proper royal and athletic gold, but the only thing wrong there is the white facemask, which blends into the horns and obscures them.  Gray or navy blue facemask, and that would be a pretty good-looking uniform. 

The only thing they forgot was to gradually change the shade of gold a little bit every year, so that it disappears more and more. I wouldn't be shocked, since this is the "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!!!" rebrand.

Archived