Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

56 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Without a doubt, they're doing exactly what they want to do.

I think there's a whole lot of doubt that they'd be doing it this way if NFL regs didn't push them to.  

Given their druthers, I'd have expected the Rams to unveil a whole new temporary uniform to bridge the span between St. Louis and Inglewood.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TJSC said:

Saw this weird hybrid uniform between the 2000-2016 uniforms and the Throwback unis on a Nike poster at a sports memorabilia store. This has been around since last year, but I've never gotten the chance to take a picture of it.

Probably doesn't mean much, but it's weird that they had chosen to display a weird hybrid uniform that the Rams never used.

IMG_5662.PNG

I like it.  It's a shame they never wore these.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

interesting. it seems like a lot of post production work to photoshop the regular uniform onto a Color Rush shoot. would be a lot easier to just shoot the athlete in each uni, but for comparison the Nike "any field" Team store athlete for Miami was Landry, who was also the Color Rush athlete

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm not trying to defend this temporary look as a good uniform... don't get me wrong.  If they were selling this as their new look going forward, I'd be able to see what all the moaning was about, but they've made it clear, their intention all along was to put the team in new uniforms at the same time they put them in a new stadium.  On top of that, as I mentioned before, IMO the rams haven't looked good for years. Ever since they dumped the gold pants they went from a passable (although drastically inferior look to their royal and yellow/gold) uniform to a seriously crappy one. Personally, I'd much rather see them wearing this mismatched outfit, than see them continue with the one from the last half decade.

Plus, if you want to complain about ugly NFL uniforms you can certainly find other contenders. This mismatched uniforms is obviously not good, but still not bottom ten.

rams%20vs_zpsnwur8sqk.png

13 hours ago, TJSC said:

Saw this weird hybrid uniform between the 2000-2016 uniforms and the Throwback unis on a Nike poster at a sports memorabilia store. This has been around since last year, but I've never gotten the chance to take a picture of it.

Probably doesn't mean much, but it's weird that they had chosen to display a weird hybrid uniform that the Rams never used.

IMG_5662.PNG

Okay, what am I missing? The Rams have most definitely worn this combo. It was there go-to home uniform after the gold pants were dropped and before they started going navy monochrome. 

[removed pic]

Okay. Nevermind. I see the horned sleeves with the numbers. 

It's a shame really. Mock this up with gold pants and it's the best uniform the Rams have (n)ever worn.

11 minutes ago, Heitert said:

Okay, what am I missing? The Rams have most definitely worn this combo. It was there go-to home uniform after the gold pants were dropped and before they started going navy monochrome. 

Image result for st louis rams

Rather than the shoulder loops that the current home and road uniforms have, the display sign shows a photoshopped version of the current navy jersey with the horn striping from their throwback and Color Rush jerseys. Look directly under the TV numbers on the sleeve and you can see the end of the horn. The display sign also shows the throwback Rams wordmark on the nose bumper. It's clearly just an image from the Color Rush photo shoot that they sloppily photoshopped to resemble the regular uniform.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

Rather than the shoulder loops that the current home and road uniforms have, the display sign shows a photoshopped version of the current navy jersey with the horn striping from their throwback and Color Rush jerseys. Look directly under the TV numbers on the sleeve and you can see the end of the horn. The display sign also shows the throwback Rams wordmark on the nose bumper. It's clearly just an image from the Color Rush photo shoot that they sloppily photoshopped to resemble the regular uniform.

Yep. I saw that. I edited my post accordingly. 

Thanks!

11 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

It's almost the time of year to do my pocket helmet update.

Did they kinda screw up the end of the horn or is that the new style for these helmets? Just wanted to double check that it's not a fanmade one some site's selling

8053811.png

That's a legit, Riddell-made pocket pro.  Not custom.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not trying to defend this temporary look as a good uniform... don't get me wrong.  If they were selling this as their new look going forward, I'd be able to see what all the moaning was about, but they've made it clear, their intention all along was to put the team in new uniforms at the same time they put them in a new stadium.  On top of that, as I mentioned before, IMO the rams haven't looked good for years. Ever since they dumped the gold pants they went from a passable (although drastically inferior look to their royal and yellow/gold) uniform to a seriously crappy one. Personally, I'd much rather see them wearing this mismatched outfit, than see them continue with the one from the last half decade.

Plus, if you want to complain about ugly NFL uniforms you can certainly find other contenders. This mismatched uniforms is obviously not good, but still not bottom ten.

Damn, a third of the league has sets that look like crap.

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd say falcons and saints, and even that ravens combo look better than that, titans are about even, the rest of the Ravens sets are far superior to the rams miss match uniforms, Seahawks I'd say are better as well. Bengals are a side panel being removed from having a better look as well. So to me personally I'd say this look is buried deep in the bottom 1/3 of the league when before they had atleast an average set.

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

If you squint, Cleveland's orange/brown/orange combo is great.

The color combination (or sequence) of o/b/o is great...it's just the details that suck.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I'd say falcons and saints, and even that ravens combo look better than that, titans are about even, the rest of the Ravens sets are far superior to the rams miss match uniforms, Seahawks I'd say are better as well. Bengals are a side panel being removed from having a better look as well. So to me personally I'd say this look is buried deep in the bottom 1/3 of the league when before they had atleast an average set.

No.  The Rams have stripes on their pants and a contrast of color between pants and socks. That makes it automatically better than the all black Ravens and Saints. The Rams aren't dark monochrome, so automatically better than the Seahawks. The Bengals and Titans also suffer from the pants/socks issue, as well as just being basically ugly. You could decide to put the Falcons over them, I guess, but I'm not sure why.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Other than "BROWNS" on the pants I don't see the hate for the Browns uniform set. O/B/O looks great, but their best is O/W/W 

The orange numbers don't look right on the white and are an unreadable eyesore on the brown. Then there's that weird contrast stitching on the brown to symbolize the hardworking city or something else patronizing. 

56 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Other than "BROWNS" on the pants I don't see the hate for the Browns uniform set. O/B/O looks great, but their best is O/W/W 

Anything with the white pants looks great.

White over brown isn't terrible either. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived