Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The CBS Sports site published a story on fans' negative reaction to the temporary uniform.

Yeah, but that's unbelievably disingenuous on the part of CBS Sports, to write as though Facebook and Twitter comments are actually valuable insight into anything.  

As a Browns fan, my two biggest complaints were that the drop shadow looks horrendous (either full outline, or eliminate the drop shadow and go monochrome orange on brown), and the BROWNS on the pantleg would be acceptable if the pant stripe continued through the BROWNS wording, but still absent in the negative space. By having the name completely out of place given the stripe, it looks horrible.

I can accept the chest striping, the textured brown helmet stripes, etc. And I was really hoping maybe to make a break and go entirely with orange at home (even the creamsicle everyone feared), since it actually looks best given the template. And the brown face mask is a complete upgrade over the white or gray masks of the past.

there are so many little things wrong with the jersey, thats what makes it bad. browns on the pants. cleveland across the chest. the orange stitching. orange numbers on the brown jersey. i dont have a problem with anything else on it though.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I know the Rams have a mismatched uniform.  I also know it's temporary.  So I'm not complaining.  I can deal with the look for a few more years.  The classic uniforms can be considered a treat.  I'm worried more about the play on the field.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, colortv said:

So are we reasonably certain that when they do make the major change it will be to the blue/yellow?

Either that or pull a Chargers and just absolutely refuse to give the fans what they want so they can milk them on special occasions constantly. They'll be the McRibs of the NFL.

12 hours ago, hbgoo1975 said:

If only they removed the gold on the jerseys, then we'd end up with this............

Rams Uniforms16.jpg

I would not object to this...especially if they continue to wear white at home.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 7/21/2017 at 1:04 PM, Sykotyk said:

Either that or pull a Chargers and just absolutely refuse to give the fans what they want so they can milk them on special occasions constantly. They'll be the McRibs of the NFL.

I gave up McDonald's completely a decade ago but I still miss the McRib (but not as much after I started learning about food and ingredients). If teams stop fixing and keep messing up good uniforms AND play poorly, football is going to disappear (if not from kids not playing due to CTE concerns).

I've seen a couple people call this look temporary... but they'll be wearing it for *three years*. It's semi-permanent. "Temporary" was when Nike couldn't get the Eagles' green jerseys ready for the beginning of the season that one year.

As far as ranking in the league, I'd put them behind everyone but the Jags.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:52 PM, colortv said:

So are we reasonably certain that when they do make the major change it will be to the blue/yellow?

I would still not be shocked to see a permanent blue/white primary set with a blue/yellow alternate/throwback. Not to rehash last year's debate, but preserving the blue/yellow as a profitable throwback/alternate niche while pushing a blue/white primary still makes the most fiscal sense. The comparison to San Diego is spot-on and supplements this theory. Besides, this is a franchise that isn't afraid to focus on the big picture and make moves that are initially unpopular to their fan base, as we have seen in acts more significant than uniform design.

On 7/24/2017 at 7:42 PM, hbgoo1975 said:

If only they removed the gold on the jerseys, then we'd end up with this............

Rams Uniforms16.jpg

As long as they (and hopefully the NFL as well) ditched the toilet seat collar thing that someone thought was cool, I'd be aw-ight with this set.

On 7/26/2017 at 4:19 AM, Cosmic said:

I've seen a couple people call this look temporary... but they'll be wearing it for *three years*. It's semi-permanent. "Temporary" was when Nike couldn't get the Eagles' green jerseys ready for the beginning of the season that one year.

Three years can be pretty temporary.  I've had temp jobs that lasted longer than that.  And unlike those, this uniform has an established expiration date.

If the term is to your liking, how about "limited edition" or "planned obsolescence"?

Archived