Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Every year my buddy and I roadtrip to Canton for the HOF game, which is played in a highschool stadium.  I swear, that stadium looks bigger than this.

It's not that far off.  Capacity of 22,375 v. 27,000*.

* -- According to Wiki.  Football capacity may be higher.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 hours ago, colortv said:

Pretty much everywhere except on the field itself and some posters the Rams were using the Blue/Yellow LA Rams colors, from the commemorative flags handed out to the cheerleaders outfits to the large inflatable structures.

Vast, vast majority of fans were also decked out in those colors.

All indications are that those are the colors LA fans have chosen for themselves.  The team seems to want a clean navy and white.  So we'll see what the rebrand actually ends up being.

4 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

The LAC initials don't look right either.

They actually look familiar to me, in that they remind me of another failure of a franchise taking a backseat to its neighbor...

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.png

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

35 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

They actually look familiar to me, in that they remind me of another failure of a franchise taking a backseat to its neighbor...

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.png

That's exactly what I meant. They are familiar but out of place in NFL context. It's kind of a funny coincidence that 2 second rate LA franchises will share initials.

13 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

I always felt that when they were building that stadium they should've designed it for possible expansion...it's not like they didn't have the room for it.

MLS is all about having moderately-sized soccer specific stadiums though. The same reason a bunch of MLS teams don't share stadiums with NFL teams.

12 hours ago, leopard88 said:

It's not that far off.  Capacity of 22,375 v. 27,000*.

* -- According to Wiki.  Football capacity may be higher.

I think they were going to bump the capacity all the way up to 30,000 with some extra end zone seating, but I don't know if it's been built yet.

6 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I always felt that when they were building that stadium they should've designed it for possible expansion...it's not like they didn't have the room for it.

When and if the Galaxy want that expansion, that would be one thing.  But not for a short-term tenant renting out the place. 

6 hours ago, colortv said:

MLS is all about having moderately-sized soccer specific stadiums though. The same reason a bunch of MLS teams don't share stadiums with NFL teams.

Actually, MLS clubs don't share with NFL teams because they need to control their own venues and not be a mere tenant at the mercy of another team.  MLS has no problem sharing when there is cross-ownership, as we see in Seattle, Atlanta, and New England.  That's the real issue. 

I know this picture isn't the best quality, because I took a picture of the TV screen with my phone. But this is from the "Football Life" of the "Fearsome Foursome". It shows a mismatched uniform. A blue helmet with white horns, and a blue jersey with yellow numbers. I know it's only practice/training camp, but I had never seen that kind of uniform combo before, and I wanted to share.

IMAG0173.jpg

Archived