Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Without reading 120+ pages, I'm sure lots of folks agree with what I'm about to say.  The new helmet looks really out of place.  They should have stuck with the gold horns until they could do a full uniform refresh.  The entire uniform is a mismatched mess now.  

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jungle Jim said:

They really should have gone with navy masks.  The horns get lost in all that white.  I thought it when the decision was made and feel more strongly about it now that I've seen them in action.

AApXW8r.img?h=442&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1402&y=691

I have to wonder how a gold face mask and a blue and gold logo on the pants would tie the pieces together?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 8/10/2017 at 11:27 PM, Gothamite said:

Actually, MLS clubs don't share with NFL teams because they need to control their own venues and not be a mere tenant at the mercy of another team.  MLS has no problem sharing when there is cross-ownership, as we see in Seattle, Atlanta, and New England.  That's the real issue. 

Earlier on Good Morning Football, they talked about how football in general not just NFL might move towards more close up, intimate, and smaller stadiums. I don't know where they got this idea from considering the two newest stadium that were just built (US Bank, Mercedes-Benz Stadium), the one being built for the Rams and Chargers, and the proposed stadium in Las Vegas aren't exactly small scale stadiums. I like the idea of the smaller stadiums, but it's just not going to happen.

The league is just floating that story in the hopes that it will make the Chargers look less pathetic while they're playing in a tiny half-empty soccer stadium. Instead of admitting the reality that LA doesn't want the Chargers and the Spanos family are a complete joke, they're trying to rebrand it to make the Chargers look like misunderstood trendsetters. It's not going to work, but I can't blame them for trying.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The league is just floating that story in the hopes that it will make the Chargers look less pathetic while they're playing in a tiny half-empty soccer stadium. Instead of admitting the reality that LA doesn't want the Chargers and the Spanos family are a complete joke, they're trying to rebrand it to make the Chargers look like misunderstood trendsetters. It's not going to work, but I can't blame them for trying.

The Chargers at StubHub is a experiment that will work. The Chargers surely can fit more than 27k in any stadium regardless if they're in LA or in San Diego. But since pro football being back in LA is still in a fragile, experimental phase, being in the smallest stadium in the league might be more beneficial for the Chargers instead of them being someplace like the Coliseum or Rose Bowl. 27k in StubHub is a beautiful thing. 27k in the LA Coliseum is essentially playing in an empty arena. 

Plus, it's a nice stadium regardless. Certainly the nicest stadium the Chargers have ever played in.

DHKOWRnUAAABtd9.jpg

On 8/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, Cosmic said:

I think they were going to bump the capacity all the way up to 30,000 with some extra end zone seating, but I don't know if it's been built yet.

Actually that only bumped it to 27,000. The Galaxy have apparently been lying about their capacity for years and it was never actually 27,000 seats. But they were obligated to report it as 27,000 for some reason I'm not aware of.

3 hours ago, Daredevil said:

The Chargers at StubHub is a experiment that will work. The Chargers surely can fit more than 27k in any stadium regardless if they're in LA or in San Diego. But since pro football being back in LA is still in a fragile, experimental phase, being in the smallest stadium in the league might be more beneficial for the Chargers instead of them being someplace like the Coliseum or Rose Bowl. 27k in StubHub is a beautiful thing. 27k in the LA Coliseum is essentially playing in an empty arena. 

They only put 21,054 in it on Sunday.

The Galaxy drew 25,554 there on Saturday.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

50 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

to the tune of "Iron Man"

this is really dumb

this is really really real really dumb

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

51 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

To be fair, is preseason football a big draw? I honestly don't know. If most teams can fill up their stadium, then I guess that is bad.

1 hour ago, Quillz said:

To be fair, is preseason football a big draw? I honestly don't know. If most teams can fill up their stadium, then I guess that is bad.

The Rams had an announced 62,888 against the Cowboys on Saturday.

In the Rams preseason debut in LA last season (also against the Cowboys), they set an NFL preseason record with 89,140.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well, that's not fair, the Chargers moved to an occupied market without an unoccupied NFL facility, it only makes sense that no wait wait come back

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived