Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the guidelines and rules for how many times a team has to wear a specific jersey or pants? The Rams should probably stick to their white jersey for most if not all of their games. The games they don't wear it should be used for the throwback uniforms.

16 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Chargers say that the 21,000 was the showed up number, not the tickets sold number.

True... but they're also under no obligation to tell the public the truth either. And the truth certainly didn't look like 21,000.

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I was watching a video showcasing the uniforms in Madden 18 and just look at this. LOOK AT IT!

83NjtpG.png

It's like they're removing gold one uniform piece at a time. What's the point of that?

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

It's like they're removing gold one uniform piece at a time. What's the point of that?

They could change the helmet and pants, but not the jerseys due to the NFL's 5 year rule on changing jerseys. IIRC, they can change the jerseys next year, but I could be wrong. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

12 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

They could change the helmet and pants, but not the jerseys due to the NFL's 5 year rule on changing jerseys. IIRC, they can change the jerseys next year, but I could be wrong. 

They could have changed the jerseys, but then the 5-year rule would have kicked in and they couldn't change when they go into the new stadium.  The Rams have made a lot of noise from the beginning about unveiling new uniforms with the Inglewood stadium, and about consulting with the fans on them.  So it makes sense that they'll wait. Maybe.  We'll see. 

18 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Chargers say that the 21,000 was the showed up number, not the tickets sold number.

From what I'm seeing, 21,000 was the announced attendance.  Which is the "tickets sold number".  

Have you seen anything where the Chargers specifically list the 21K as turnstile clicks instead of using the regular old attendance metric?

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

From what I'm seeing, 21,000 was the announced attendance.  Which is the "tickets sold number".  

Have you seen anything where the Chargers specifically list the 21K as turnstile clicks instead of using the regular old attendance metric?

From the LA TImes:

The smallest crowd the Chargers drew in Qualcomm Stadium last season was 52,165 for their home opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars. They drew 46,524 and 47,407 for preseason home games against the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

A Chargers spokesman said Monday that the attendance reflected the actual number of fans in the stadium — not the number of tickets sold — but declined to comment further about the crowd size. All but a few dozen tickets for the Chargers-Seahawks game were sold.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What if scenario.

If the Rams never left LA in the mid nineties, do they still make the change to the navy blue and metallic gold "millennium" uniforms in 2000? Would there have been a royal blue and yellow version of the 2000 unis instead? Or would the team likely still be wearing the Dickerson uniforms today?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Probably would have at least designed the uniforms (everyone was into the dark-n-fade), may have had the good sense to cancel the rollout after winning the Super Bowl out of renewed L.A. Rams sentimentality that wouldn't have existed in St. Louis.

Los Angeles Rams-Houston Oilers would have been a good Super Bowl, huh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/18/2017 at 10:54 AM, jmac11281 said:

Has it been confirmed, either way, whether or not the Rams will wear monochrome navy?

If they do, I'm thinking it will be at least one of the following:  at Dallas or the London game (they wore mono-navy there last season)

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

What if scenario.

If the Rams never left LA in the mid nineties, do they still make the change to the navy blue and metallic gold "millennium" uniforms in 2000? Would there have been a royal blue and yellow version of the 2000 unis instead? Or would the team likely still be wearing the Dickerson uniforms today?

Through 2017 goggles, ditching the yellow and blue seems blasphemous, but in 2000, the LA set felt drab and outdated, if not campy and cartoonish. IMO, the uni change had more to do with the league-wide dark-and-detailed new millennium motif than the city that happened to host the Rams.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Probably would have at least designed the uniforms (everyone was into the dark-n-fade), may have had the good sense to cancel the rollout after winning the Super Bowl out of renewed L.A. Rams sentimentality that wouldn't have existed in St. Louis.

Los Angeles Rams-Houston Oilers would have been a good Super Bowl, huh.

Think those true LA Rams fans would have accepted the team adopting metallic gold? Historically the Rams biggest rival has been the 49ers. I can't picture many fanbases being cool with their team adopting one of the arch rivals colors. Perhaps a navy blue and yellow version of the 2000 unis would have been more realistic?

SN: If Los Angeles had that "Greatest Show" Rams team along with their Super Bowl 34 win (hell, even their SB 36 loss), The Rams get a new stadium way sooner. I'm talking about a stadium being approved, built and opened somewhere between 2005 and 2010.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived