Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Raiders/Rams game and I honestly think the Rams look fine from a distance. I think this is what the team was counting on, especially for fans in the stands. The big problem is that when you get an up close shot of a player, it looks terrible. The new helmet and the blue pants are sharp looking on their own but it's the jersey that's holding everything back.

I'm hoping they don't use the criticism as an excuse to go to a navy/white rebrand in 2019 to make up for this failed era. That's not the way to go.

bSLCtu2.png

36 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Awful. 

I don't see why everyone has to complain about a uniform that lasts 75% of a presidential term or high school career. Come on, that's nothing!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, Quillz said:

If the gold shoulder strip and logo were white, it wouldn't look too bad. But I guess those elements can't be changed due to the NFL's odd rules about uniform changes.

I don't blame the NFL on this one. The Rams are the unreasonable ones here, not the league. The NFL wants some consistency in the teams' brands. The Rams are just playing I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU with the rules. The Rams could have changed when they moved, but their wanted their moment of glory in the new stadium. In fact, the Rams can change at any time (their uniforms have been unchanged in how many years dating back to STL?), but they won't get that new stadium moment. The Rams just want to have their cake and eat it, too.

5 minutes ago, bowld said:

Blue, white, blue looks much better. I actually have grown to love this navy and white scheme. Jersey sux but we have covered that 1000 times 

I would actually be okay with blue and white, even if they look like the Colts. There's nothing really wrong with it, although blue and yellow is a bit livelier, I suppose. Perhaps the best of both worlds would be blue and yellow for home jerseys, and blue and white for alternate/throwback jerseys.

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't see why everyone has to complain about a uniform that lasts 75% of a presidential term or high school career. Come on, that's nothing!

Actually, this uniform might last longer than the current president's term...

I love the new logo but that jersey...ew

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

The more I see that helmet, the more I love that helmet. Don't get me wrong, I want to see the return to royal blue and athletic gold full time, but I love this navy and white look a lot more than a thought I would. The white horns really scream "LA" to me.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I saw part of that Rams-Raiders game from far away on a small TV in a New Orleans restaurant and thought the Rams looked hideous. Maybe I just have the best vision in the world. Who could say, really? 

Also, saw this monstrosity on Twitter a while back, but failed to post it before I left for a week. I know it's a bit of a rehash of the Madden pic, but too bad, I'm posting it regardless. Besides, 102% of this thread is just us rehashing 1. GO BACK TO ROYAL AND YELLOW! 2. Blue and white is fine 3. This half-step is hideous/kind of okay.

im4lAum.jpg

I'm assuming the goal is to never actually wear this, but there you go. 

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

I would actually be okay with blue and white, even if they look like the Colts. There's nothing really wrong with it, although blue and yellow is a bit livelier, I suppose. Perhaps the best of both worlds would be blue and yellow for home jerseys, and blue and white for alternate/throwback jerseys.

That would be the ideal set for me and lots of other Rams fans I think. I'd be in heaven!

2016Uniforms.jpg

Archived