Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

36 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I'm sorry but I guess I'm totally out of the loop on the Rams uniform/identity situation. It appears that they're minimizing the use of yellow/gold on their primary set, presumably to phase it out altogether (?). But then wear head to toe yellow/gold last night? What's going on?

Color Rush is whats going on.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I'm sorry but I guess I'm totally out of the loop on the Rams uniform/identity situation. It appears that they're minimizing the use of yellow/gold on their primary set, presumably to phase it out altogether (?). But then wear head to toe yellow/gold last night? What's going on?

As mentioned, Color Rush lets teams have their cake and eat it too.  They can highlight any color they've ever worn, not limited to their current palette. 

Minimizing the gold is a temporary solution for now, as they're waiting for the new stadium to launch an all-new look. 

19 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Question that's somewhat related: What were the acronyms used for the Rams and Raiders when they were in LA together on TV broadcasts and such? 

19 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I don't believe they used acronyms back then like they do now with score bugs. I'm pretty sure they just went with "L.A. Rams" and "L.A. Raiders" when showing the score.

19 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

They definitely used to. And it was just RAM and RAI.

Close-ish, but I looked up old boxscores a couple weeks ago. It was LAM and LAI.

Strange I know, but both teams started with R-A. So they just took the next letter.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

As mentioned, Color Rush lets teams have their cake and eat it too.  They can highlight any color they've ever worn, not limited to their current palette. 

Minimizing the gold is a temporary solution for now, as they're waiting for the new stadium to launch an all-new look. 

It just seems weird that of the colors to choose for color rush, they pick the color they're currently trying to minimize. I hope their new look is gold heavy, because their primary look is horrible right now. 

sig.png

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

It just seems weird that of the colors to choose for color rush, they pick the color they're currently trying to minimize. I hope their new look is gold heavy, because their primary look is horrible right now. 

Well the colors were chosen when the team was still in St. Louis. The first time they wore them was in the Edwards Jones Dome for a contest between the Mustard Rams and Ketchup Bucs. They didn't wear them last season, they went with all white, including a first version of their current helmet, because they went against the Seahawks lime green.

And even still, that particular golden yellow wasn't the color in St. Louis either. It was the color of their throwbacks. It still is the color of their throwbacks. The Rams choosing yellow makes sense. While they're minimizing the gold right now, they very much played up the yellow in all their social media presences this week and go all in the same way when they wear the throwbacks.

Gold might be minimized on the primary, but the yellow is very much a part of the Rams pallette, past, present, and future.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Close-ish, but I looked up old boxscores a couple weeks ago. It was LAM and LAI.

Strange I know, but both teams started with R-A. So they just took the next letter.

One though I had was that they'd use the conferences as the identifier, so LAN for the Rams and LAA for Raiders. 

10 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I beg to differ.  The white pants look really clean with both the gold and blue jerseys.

Those uniforms are so good looking they can work with either. If they chose one or the other, it would be great, and if they were to swap colors it would still look great. Unlike the Giants switching from the wonderful gray pants to white. 

42 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Well the colors were chosen when the team was still in St. Louis. The first time they wore them was in the Edwards Jones Dome for a contest between the Mustard Rams and Ketchup Bucs. They didn't wear them last season, they went with all white, including a first version of their current helmet, because they went against the Seahawks lime green.

And even still, that particular golden yellow wasn't the color in St. Louis either. It was the color of their throwbacks. It still is the color of their throwbacks. The Rams choosing yellow makes sense. While they're minimizing the gold right now, they very much played up the yellow in all their social media presences this week and go all in the same way when they wear the throwbacks.

Gold might be minimized on the primary, but the yellow is very much a part of the Rams pallette, past, present, and future.

Aren't the throwbacks supposed to be athletic gold while the color rush is mustard yellow?

Regardless, the color rush uniforms seem to be pretty popular among Rams fans.

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

I'm not convinced they're different shades of gold.  

Hard to tell looking at the uniforms with the naked eye, but the Rams changed their social media logos to this for color rush week:

21751750_10156283014788484_6231503892990

That's definitely not what they have or at least are upposed to have on the throwbacks.

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but again I'm not sure that isn't supposed to be some kind of cool-looking filter. 

The Color Rush uniform gold always matched the throwback helmet decals.   

I think you're right, watching videos of the game they posted next to that logo and the uniforms are definitely brighter/more vibrant.

10 minutes ago, colortv said:

So a report came out that NFL is very concerned about the Chargers and there has been some light buzz about possibly pushing them back to San Diego if they continue to struggle

Now have a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy halt the Las Vegas stadium construction for "unspecified reasons" and the NFL can be good again (other than the manifold ills inherent to professional football). 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OT: When did people start referring to the color yellow as gold? It's confused me damn near my entire life I'm guilty of this as a Washington Redskins fan. I call the team's secondary color gold, but when the Steelers, Packers and Rams wear the exact same color I call it yellow.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

43 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

OT: When did people start referring to the color yellow as gold? It's confused me damn near my entire life I'm guilty of this as a Washington Redskins fan. I call the team's secondary color gold, but when the Steelers, Packers and Rams wear the exact same color I call it yellow.

transflex-athletic-gold.jpgvegasgoldswatch.jpg1337b20d66b48fcfa06e69154e3e0183--color-eYplFEIjfWJlKwCN1M3YyzXv9W7p0TVyQwqapMSN

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm guilty of this as a Washington Redskins fan. I call the team's secondary color gold, but when the Steelers, Packers and Rams wear the exact same color I call it yellow.

Yeah, as you say - the exact same color.  

Too orange-y to be yellow.  They're a perfect example of athletic gold. 

IMG_6816.PNG

IMG_6817.PNG

IMG_6818.PNG

Archived