Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

17 hours ago, TJSC said:

The Rams are wearing their blue and yellow helmets to practice, even though they aren't wearing their throwbacks against the Jags next week...

????

IMG_6808.PNG

Makes sense to me. Let those decals get all banged up in practice and then change to shiny new white ones right before the game. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gothamite is most likely right. Rams probably didn't switch out the decals yet and will in time for Sunday's game. We're obviously going to see all navy on Sunday and I hate it. I want those uniforms to be burned in a fire.

EDIT: We might get two weeks in a row of the all navy nightmare. Jaguars this week, London next week.

bSLCtu2.png

17 hours ago, TJSC said:

The Rams are wearing their blue and yellow helmets to practice, even though they aren't wearing their throwbacks against the Jags next week...

????

IMG_6811.PNG.575b7798d2e9107653ccdb1e9a71a4d6.PNG

IMG_6807.PNG

IMG_6808.PNG

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Gothamite is most likely right. Rams probably didn't switch out the decals yet and will in time for Sunday's game. We're obviously going to see all navy on Sunday and I hate it. I want those uniforms to be burned in a fire.

EDIT: We might get two weeks in a row of the all navy nightmare. Jaguars this week, London next week.

3 hours ago, C-Squared said:

My guess is that the equipment staff simply hasn't switched out the decals yet from the last game.

Thirded.  They're the same helmets. just with the throwback decals and facemasks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It just seems weird to me, because it's not something I've seen them do before so close to the game. Usually they switch them right out. The only time I've seen that is when they had the white horns last season with the grey facemasks. That was the week before the color rush game when John Fassel was interim coach. They were getting ready for that game. So they just wore the helmets with the white horns all week during practice.

29 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

I also just saw this. They have the throwback decals with the white facemasks. What is going on? I guess they're just taking their time to put the white horns on lol.

Screenshot_20171012-165905.png

They're clearly taking my idea to randomize their uniform elements to a further extreme than I could have ever imagined. 

46 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

I also just saw this. They have the throwback decals with the white facemasks. What is going on? I guess they're just taking their time to put the white horns on lol.

Screenshot_20171012-165905.png

What a weird mis-mash.

IMG_6839.PNG

IMG_6840.PNG

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

But why shouldn’t they wait?  What’s the benefit to putting the white horns on now, to get banged up in practice, as opposed to waiting until closer to the game?

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

But why shouldn’t they wait?  What’s the benefit to putting the white horns on now, to get banged up in practice, as opposed to waiting until closer to the game?

They hit the randomizer button and things got weird, man. 

I like the yellow horns with the white facemask. That would look nice with the mockup posted previously that had the yellow jersey with the white pants. I think it would also work with a corresponding white jersey with yellow pants. And finally, it would give people a reason to stop saying the white stripe on the yellow pants is out of place. 

The yellow horns with white facemask looks odd, but not awful.  Reminds me a bit of Namath's days with the Rams, when they had gray facemasks but sometimes looked white due to lighting and picture quality, and then it reminds me of when Colorado State had green helmets with athletic gold horns and white facemasks.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyDhAy5X4ZIDpES1NXq7z

Related image

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I suspect that this is the case.. There's no reason to rush getting the new game decals on, if they'll just get banged up at practice and the purpose of putting new decals on for each game is to have perfect, undamaged decals

16 minutes ago, LMU said:

Even the Rams admit how awful the dark set looks!

I didn't realize I was right about the random uniform generator. I'm worried that things I say just materialize. I have to be responsible with this newfound power. 

Archived